Recently retired in Massachusetts

Yet we all still live here.........Something must be attractive in this state;)

Well, we do have some of the best hospitals in the world, which as I get older tend to appreciate more.

Many of us may "live" here but often less than 180 days. I'm 11th generation MA resident, but actually not a big fan of the state; won't go into it here.

Of course, the huge daily traffic jam of people living in NH driving south to work in MA is another reality.

Of course, the huge daily traffic jam of people living in NH driving south to work in MA is another reality.

I agree with you on traffic jams but since we're retired we have the luxury to schedule our trips around the state, NH, Maine and RI after rush hours and when we still encounter traffic jams we have plenty of time to deal with it.

And the taxes are low, the drivers courteous, roads are smooth as silk and the weather is balmy all winter long!

Actually, for some of us, MA taxes (at least state income taxes) aren't bad. Federal pensions and SS aren't subject to state tax. As a military retiree on SS, works out pretty well. Until I look at my property tax bill, that is.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom