Retired and Moving

GraySpirit

Dryer sheet wannabe
Just retired at 57. Since I am planning to live to 120 years, it's still a few years before becoming middle-aged. :cool:

Had a small additional nest egg (403) that has now paid out and getting ready to retire abroad. Didn't get rid of all my debt first, but it doesn't look like such a big deal. Oddly enough, I will have more discretionary income in retirement than I did when I was working full time -- once I move overseas.

Only thing I can say is, wish I had done it sooner!

Congratulations on your early retirement!

There's lots of information on this board about retiring overseas, I've noticed. My FIL lived abroad in South America for a few years, and when he passed away I wrote this post about what we've learned from the experience. I hope you have many, many years of a full and happy life abroad, but if you take care of some of these things early on it could save your family here in the US a lot of hassle! (Not trying to discourage you -- just sharing information that would have made things easier for us).

Welcome to the boards and let us know how it goes.

Congratulations on your early retirement!

There's lots of information on this board about retiring overseas, I've noticed. My FIL lived abroad in South America for a few years, and when he passed away I wrote this post about what we've learned from the experience. I hope you have many, many years of a full and happy life abroad, but if you take care of some of these things early on it could save your family here in the US a lot of hassle! (Not trying to discourage you -- just sharing information that would have made things easier for us).

Welcome to the boards and let us know how it goes.

Thx ... yes, I fully expect to go through some adjustments. I worked in Colombia many years ago so am not so newb to living abroad, but yes there are many adjustments to make. As for passing ... hehe ... I was hoping to live to 120 ... but it is an issue I will pay attention to.

Back
Top Bottom