Where we're at

Scooby7

Confused about dryer sheets
34, wife 31. Good jobs, newly married. Both on the same page about ER. I want to quit megacorp by 55, and do something more flexible/fun/meaningful. I love what i do, but hate 9-5 with 4 weeks vacation.

Combined income of 250,000 US
combined 401 k of 150k
Rollover IRA 80k
Roth 401

34, wife 31. Good jobs, newly married. Both on the same page about ER. I want to quit megacorp by 55, and do something more flexible/fun/meaningful. I love what i do, but hate 9-5 with 4 weeks vacation.

Combined income of 250,000 US
combined 401 k of 150k
Rollover IRA 80k
Roth 401

Seriously?!? What's wrong with 9-5 and 4 weeks vacation. Try 5p-5A and 3 weeks vacation all for <45K/yr. Do you really not realize how good you have it?

Welcome Scooby. You have the potential for ER, stick around and we can show you how.

Sure but.

I know how very fortunate I am, but I have sacrificed much to be here. And the schedule was more about routine, and the reality is loaded with lots of travel , and the office commitment.

I went to school until I was 27, and had over 130k in student loan debt. As you can see, most of my savings has been done the last three years. I just don't want to be forced to show up to Megacorp everyday for the rest of my useful life. I DONT WANT TO BE MY DAD! -trying to fit 65 years of living into the last few painful years of my existence...

Look forward to learning from all of you on the board.

Back
Top Bottom