Where we're at

Scooby7

Confused about dryer sheets
34, wife 31. Good jobs, newly married. Both on the same page about ER. I want to quit megacorp by 55, and do something more flexible/fun/meaningful. I love what i do, but hate 9-5 with 4 weeks vacation.

Combined income of 250,000 US
combined 401 k of 150k
Rollover IRA 80k
Roth 401

34, wife 31. Good jobs, newly married. Both on the same page about ER. I want to quit megacorp by 55, and do something more flexible/fun/meaningful. I love what i do, but hate 9-5 with 4 weeks vacation.

Combined income of 250,000 US
combined 401 k of 150k
Rollover IRA 80k
Roth 401

Seriously?!? What's wrong with 9-5 and 4 weeks vacation. Try 5p-5A and 3 weeks vacation all for <45K/yr. Do you really not realize how good you have it?

Welcome Scooby. You have the potential for ER, stick around and we can show you how.

Sure but.

I know how very fortunate I am, but I have sacrificed much to be here. And the schedule was more about routine, and the reality is loaded with lots of travel , and the office commitment.

I went to school until I was 27, and had over 130k in student loan debt. As you can see, most of my savings has been done the last three years. I just don't want to be forced to show up to Megacorp everyday for the rest of my useful life. I DONT WANT TO BE MY DAD! -trying to fit 65 years of living into the last few painful years of my existence...

Look forward to learning from all of you on the board.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom