2009 NFL Season

You better hope the steelers don't play the PATS in the AFC championship. if my memory serves me good your steelers lost the last two AFC titles they played.

BTW check the Vegas odds. The PATS are the pick to win it all.

Pats sure aren't starting out well for a team that is favored to "win it all". How are they going to do that without a good defense?

Lots of surprises on the first weekend out.

Free to canoe

Pats sure aren't starting out well for a team that is favored to "win it all". How are they going to do that without a good defense?

Lots of surprises on the first weekend out.

Free to canoe

Buffalo gave them that one. However a win is a win. Raiders looked like they have a great running game. Should be an interesting season at any rate.

Buffalo gave them that one.
Some teams know how to win games they should lose (the Patriots are first and foremost there these days). Some teams find new ways to lose each week (check out the Bengals loss to Denver).

And the funny thing is -- it seems like the "good" fortune and the "bad" fortune seem to cluster on the same teams....

Been interesting after the 5 games. Colts look really good. I think the Bungles and the Broncos are paper tigers. Steelers get their shot at the Broncos and the Bungles again this year. Should be a really interesting season. Frankly Im not impressed with the Steelers either :) At least they got the Browns.. this week.

Turns out that the Pats defense doesn't have name recognition but performs well.

I guess the Bungles have managed to keep their defense out of jail this year (so far). No cake walk in the AFC north this year. Hard to see how the Browns will be able to make a game of it. With Anderson at QB they will find a way.

Worried about the Steelers lack of Defense. And now Aaron Smith is out for the season!

They will still win the division. Won the superbowl in Detroit without winning the division.

Free to canoe

I'll let UncleMick do my share of cheering for the Saints, as well as his own share. I don't watch pro football at all and never have. I am probably the only New Orleanian who doesn't follow the Saints. No, really.

I'll let UncleMick do my share of cheering for the Saints, as well as his own share. I don't watch pro football at all and never have. I am probably the only New Orleanian who doesn't follow the Saints. No, really.

Id go for a Steelers/Saints Super Bowl :) One of these days they will be in it. :)

New Orleans has a football team? When did that happen?

Actually, I was a fan of the Saints in the early 70's when Tom Dempsey was their field goal kicker. I remember him kicking his record-setting 63 yard field goal in 1970 (since tied by Jason Elam of the Bronco's in 1998).

Saints are having a good year (again).

You can take the paper bags off of your heads now.

Free to canoe

So my Steelers did not make it. Booh hooo!

But the Saints and the Colts did!

Im rooting for the Saints! Hope its a great game and its good for the city.

Oh and them paper bags can certainly go away ;)

OK, I have to say I was the LAST New Orleanian to follow the Saints but I have capitulated. This game is incredible and we are all so proud of our Saints. If they win, it will blow the top off this place! We are already in the middle of Carnival (Mardi Gras) parades and it is starting to become hard to get around town, dodging the parades, as always. Also there is a big parade honoring the Saints scheduled for Tuesday, win or lose.

OK, I have to say I was the LAST New Orleanian to follow the Saints but I have capitulated. This game is incredible and we are all so proud of our Saints. If they win, it will blow the top off this place! We are already in the middle of Carnival (Mardi Gras) parades and it is starting to become hard to get around town, dodging the parades, as always. Also there is a big parade honoring the Saints scheduled for Tuesday, win or lose.

I bet that is a lot of fun! WHO DAT! Let the NFL charge me for that.. :LOL:

I am going to a Superbowl Party, after not following the NFL this year. I sort of like Payton Manning, but what the heck Uncle Mick and W2R are Saints fans, and they haven't been there before. So go Saints.

No Steelers this year.
Should be a good game. I usually root for the AFC but I seem to be favoring the Saints.
I asked my buddy who is going to win. He said: "The Saints are lucky because they are saints, but Indy's symbol is the horseshoe, if held open side up, catches the luck and is lucky also".

Enjoy,
Free to canoe

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom