All Season Tire Recommendation for Half Ton Pickup

The Continental was the only all season truck tire that got a CR check mark recommendation. Although perhaps apples to oranges, I've been pleased with the Continental performance all season tires on my Genesis Coupe.

My son has this tire on his Lexus and he likes them.

..... Since I doubt I will have the truck for more than another 25K miles I won't get full use of my money if I get these tires, which are rated for up to 80,000 miles. I'm not ruling them out though.
I wouldn't get too caught up on having extra tire life left when you sell the truck as you should get a significant percentage of the extra cost back when you sell the truck. I would just get the tires you want.

You seem hung up on all terrain being bad when you want highway tread. Most new all terrain tires are very quiet and are not like the old style off road tires with the tread noise. You can get a highway tread truck tire, not saying they are bad. Just consider that many truck tires are available as an all terrain type tread to get the all season rating and you have a lot more options. Your money, your choice.

"All terrain" today is what snow tires used to be. All Season and All Weather, in a lot of cases, are not rated for snow (the 3 mountain peak plus snowflake logo on the sidewall). When I moved "Up Nort", just looking at All Season and All Weather tread patterns made me select an all terrain tire. My new BFG Trail-Terrains on the 1/2 ton pickup are quiet (haven't been in snow yet). The Firestone Destination A/Ts have a better looking tread pattern, but they do make slightly more noise on the Jeep.

I've got these on my 2020 RAM 4x4. General Grabber A/TX. Not much snow here but they claim they are good for it.

genvl2_ang_l.jpg

I've got these on my 2020 RAM 4x4. General Grabber A/TX. Not much snow here but they claim they are good for it.

Yes, it has the "severe snow service" rating. But it's an off-road all-terrain tire and it costs $325 per tire.

Michelin Defender LTX M/S. Don't know if they are available in the size you need. Never had any issues with the Michelin LTX (later called Defender LTX) M/S tires.

I will 2nd, 3rd and 4th this recommendation... as we just put our 3rd set on the truck. 05 Silverado and half its miles are towing.

Coopers are available here from dealers, I use those on the work trucks and trailers with good effect.

Back
Top Bottom