2016 TurboTax Deluxe or Premier?

fh2000

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I used to have hundreds of trades so I use brokerage files and import into TT. This year, I have less than a hundred trades. Will Deluxe allow me to manually enter the trades? How about the file import from TD Ameritrade for example?

I can get Premier from Costco for $54.86 with discount. Deluxe is $15 cheaper. Not a big difference either way. I am just curious.

You should be able to do Deluxe and also to import the trades.

I bought Premier because of the stock reporting functionality. Can't say if you could accomplish this or not with Deluxe, but the grid on the back of the box didn't indicate this functionality was present in the cheaper version.

I bought Premier because of the stock reporting functionality. Can't say if you could accomplish this or not with Deluxe, but the grid on the back of the box didn't indicate this functionality was present in the cheaper version.

The way the descriptions are worded is very deliberately done to encourage exactly the impression you got.

But in my experience using both versions I haven't seen the difference. Deluxe has always worked just fine on investments. YMMV but I doubt it.

FYI: I just got back from Costco, where all the Turbotax products are now on sale for $15 off. I went up to the returns counter (wife still had the 4-day old receipt in her purse) and got a refund for $15! Gotta love Costco...

I just started taxes today. Deluxe was only $34.99. Last year I paid $60. SCORE! If only it were so easy to cut all expenses nearly in half!

TT Premier. $54.86 at Sam's (and same price on Amazon). I also was torn between the Deluxe and Premier, but for $15, I'll stay with what I know worked last year.

TT Premier. $54.86 at Sam's (and same price on Amazon). I also was torn between the Deluxe and Premier, but for $15, I'll stay with what I know worked last year.

That's a pretty good price for Premier. Sure beats $80/$90.

Fortunately I get a complementary copy via Fidelity.

Back
Top Bottom