3 and a half hour layover at O'Hare coming up.......anything to do??

FinanceDude

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
DW, myself, and two kids...............

Our connecting flight to SC gives us a 3 1/2 hour layover at O'Hare........... :p :p

ANything fun to do? DOn't want to the leave the airport just "in case".......... ;)

Help..............

They have a bar in the terminal, no?

Splurge on food that is horrible for your health? Really nothing that I know of in Chicago you can do in 3 hrs plus get back in time for a flight lol.

I should say not when you have kids with you :D

About the most exciting thing I can think of is watching planes on the taxiway overpass crossing an expressway.

You may find that you need most of that 3.5 hours. Delays at O'Hare are all too common, and in any case it can take quite a while to get from arrival gate to departure gate.

Enjoy the tunnel and the neon lights ...

Peter

Thanks.............I think.............. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Oh well, could be worse, I'm going to Greensville, SC to see my uncle and aunt.......... :D

There is a great "airplane/airlines paraphernalia" shop underground near the Airport Hilton. Well stocked and interesting stuff. The owner told me once that John Travolta was his biggest customer. He's an airplane connoisseur of sorts apparently.

Anyway, I have picked up some neat stuff there over the years. Also, I believe the Hilton will let you use their health club for a small fee. It is within 100 feet or so of this shop.

All within walking distance of the United terminals.

There are worse airports to be stuck in. I think I've been in most of them. :-\

There are plenty of bars and a couple restaurants.

What airline are you flying?

It been a couple years that I had a long layover there but I walk over to the Airport Hilton, it's connected, and go to their sports bar. It’s much better than sitting in one of the airport bars and I usually have some of their calamari appetizer, it’s always been very good.

saluki9 said:
There are plenty of bars and a couple restaurants.

What airline are you flying?

United...........too bad my sister's Red Carpet Lounge membership did not get extended to me.............. :LOL: :LOL:

The first thing is do you want to go past the security and have to go thru it again:confused:

The suggestions for some is past security and that means another line...

There are the usual airport shops... you can do some browsing of magazines and such, get something to eat... do a cinnibun etc... for kids, that is something they would like (but, I am cheap and they want more than I am willing to pay)...

With the 3 hours, are you counting the 'deplaning' and the 'replaning':confused: It will take 15 or more mintues to get off the plane.. some time to get to your other gate... and then 20 or 30 minutes prior to take off to get on your connecting flight... so maybe only 2 hours to kill...

Back
Top Bottom