A good story about AT&T

Corporate ORphan

Recycles dryer sheets
I had such a good experience with AT&T this morning I have to share it. I got my bill and it was 70 cents more for the DSL. It seems that once or twice a year AT&T tries to sneak in a new fee, etc.

Recently, I canceled my cell phone with them and it took talking to 6 people to do it (and I was almost in tears) so I wasn't looking forward to dealing with them again. I still have battle scares from that encounter but it really aggravated me that they were slipping in another increase.

The person I talked to immediately took the 70 cents off since they did not inform me that the rate was increasing and gave me the $14.95 rate they give new subscribers when I asked for it. When I called the month before to try and get it they told me there was nothing they could do would I like to terminate the service:confused:

So if anyone else out there is thinks they are paying too much for DSL, you might want to call and see if you can get it reduced for a year.

I had the same type experience with them over a $3 charge on my mobile phone. They were extremely helpful, not like in the past.

If you don't ask for it you certainly won't get it.

I suspect that their business model is to refund to those that ask. But for the vast majority of people they can make some real money there.

very profitable.

If you don't ask for it you certainly won't get it.

I suspect that their business model is to refund to those that ask. But for the vast majority of people they can make some real money there.

very profitable.
Satellite TV is like that too, especially if you are no longer under contract. It's amazing how much free and discounted stuff they will throw at you from time to time if you ask to speak to "retention" or call in to request cancellation of service.

I'm confused. They added an unexplained charge, and now you think it is 'good' that they removed it when asked :confused:

Companies should be held to a higher standard than that!

1) They shouldn't have added a charge.

2) Their own internal audits should have detected it.

3) They should have apologized profusely for the mistake, and then given you a refund plus something to compensate you for their ineptitude.

I soooo hope the T-Mobile / AT&T merger does not go through ....

-ERD50

I'm confused. They added an unexplained charge, and now you think it is 'good' that they removed it when asked :confused:

Companies should be held to a higher standard than that!

1) They shouldn't have added a charge.

2) Their own internal audits should have detected it.

3) They should have apologized profusely for the mistake, and then given you a refund plus something to compensate you for their ineptitude.

-ERD50

Well, in a perfect world, Yeah !

The rest of us have to deal in some way with all the slimy tactics and gotcha-marketing techniques.

buyer beware !

Well, in a perfect world, Yeah !

The rest of us have to deal in some way with all the slimy tactics and gotcha-marketing techniques.

buyer beware !

Sure, that would be 'perfect'. But I still can't see describing a situation where the company did something wrong, and then fixed it only after it has been pointed out as being 'good'. :confused:

-ERD50

I really miss the good ole' days (late 90's) of AT&T's long distance, when they would send me a check for $150 for switching the long distance company. Sprint and MCI did the same thing. Every month, a new long distance company, another check coming to me, and a very satisfied customer :ROFLMAO:

Sure, that would be 'perfect'. But I still can't see describing a situation where the company did something wrong, and then fixed it only after it has been pointed out as being 'good'. :confused:

-ERD50

I agree. You would have thought canceling a cell phone that didn't have a contract would have been easy but it wasn't when I did that a month earlier.

THe really "good" part was they gave me the $14.95 rate they give to new customers when I asked for it.

-ERD50
The AT&T Alltel merger has been a joke around here. Customers received new phones and were told that they would be activated about three weeks ago. Just about everyone that I have talked to has had problems with the new phones. Some can make emergency calls only and others can't receive text. they have complained to AT&T that the local tower must be at fault since the phones work fine elsewhere. AT&T, so far, has done nothing and I know of at least a dozen people ready to switch to Verizon. I've had Verizon for years and have had no problems at all.

Back
Top Bottom