A Tribute to my Worklife

Moscyn

Full time employment: Posting here.
:DToday is my last day in my working life. I thought I would sleep well before I go to work for the last time but I don't seem to have fallen into a deep sleep. So, after less than 6 hours sleep, I thought I'll write a quick tribute to my worklife - 28 years and I think, as a whole, I enjoyed it. So, these are what I gained from working:-

1. It made me FI. I could have FI earlier if I appreciated the value of money in my earlier years but thankfully I got here not too late in time.:LOL:
2. It made me a stronger personality - not frightfully sophisticated but like a good wine full of character.:cool:
3. I developed lots of longstanding friendships with a variety of people and am going to keep them friends for life. ;)
4. My experience educated me in a variety of areas - not just technical education but also values and stuff. The companies I had worked with and the one I am still workng for today (my last day) are really good international companies and I truly appreciate such exposure.:D
5. Somehow there were opportunities to travel to some interesting countries despite it being a primarily desk job.:ROFLMAO:

I could go on and on but I'll stop here. I enjoyed my journey. Of course, there, were some real frustrating and awful moments but right now I can't really recall them feeling the same awfulness I had felt before. It has been an interesting working life but there's a time for everything and now's the time for me to enter to the next chapter of my life....am sure I'll enjoy my last work day today which will be ending with drinks with some girlfriends who are retired or are working towards it.:greetings10:

Wow! Welcome to your new career as a FIRE'ee. I'm sure you will continue to be as successful. Keep us posted.

Beautiful post! I experienced many of the things you described.

Attachments

• congratulations_cat.jpg
    congratulations_cat.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 165
Sounds like you are just getting started. Congratulations!

Here's a toast

toast.gif

Sorry, wrong toast....let's try that again!

champagne-toast.jpg

A toast to Mocsyn and his dear departed worklife! Hip Hip, Hooray!

Congratulations on reaching the FIRE milestone.

I got very little sleep for the last several weeks I was at work, but since then, no problem!! :biggrin:

Congratulations and welcome to the relaxed side of life!

Can't wait to join you.

Great post and memories! Congratulations and all the best!

Thanks, everyone. Today is just perfect. My boss and colleagues are so gracious. I feel so sad to leave but yet so happy to begin something new.

Thanks, everyone. Today is just perfect. My boss and colleagues are so gracious. I feel so sad to leave but yet so happy to begin something new.

That's great - now get off the internet and get back to work!! - you're not retired yet :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom