American Idol

I was a little surprised that Adam was in the bottom. However, at this point, its like splitting hairs. This year's group truly is the strongest AI has ever had. Next week is rock week so look for a strong week for Allison and Adam, the resident rockers.

Its hard to figure out what the average voter thinks on AI. Allison is getting a nice bump because she's the only girl left. The other contestants are pretty different from each other.

Maybe there's some question as to marketability in regards to Adam. He's got the look and the pipes, but do we really need another Aerosmith lead singer type? I think the average fan would rather listen to a singer like Danny then Adam. if Adam has a career like Daughtry he will be happy.

I did find it funny a few weeks ago when Paula said to Adam: "I can't believe you haven't been discovered yet".... Hello, Paula. Adam's been doing musical theater professionally for a number of years. I would say he was "found" a long time ago.............:)

Adam is an amazing performer, but I think he is a little over the top for the average AI viewer. So I'm not surprised that he was in the bottom two this time. Danny is more mainstream and would, I think, naturally garner more votes.

And I am DELIGHTED that Allison is still in the running. She's my fave!

Well, here we go - the final 4 doing rock week with Slash as the mentor. Also, the group will be doing duets. Who do you think will do the best? How would you like to see them paired up?

My predictions are:

From best to worst....Adam, Allison, Kris, Danny
Pair Adam and Allison for a up tempo rockin' the house song
Pair Kris and Danny for a more soulful, emotional song

Well, here we go - the final 4 doing rock week with Slash as the mentor. Also, the group will be doing duets. Who do you think will do the best? How would you like to see them paired up?

My predictions are:

From best to worst....Adam, Allison, Kris, Danny
Pair Adam and Allison for a up tempo rockin' the house song
Pair Kris and Danny for a more soulful, emotional song

I will stick with the same thoughts I have every week..........Danny is moving on to the top 3 after this week..........he is the ONLY contestant who has NEVER been in the Bottom Three........;)

I will stick with the same thoughts I have every week..........Danny is moving on to the top 3 after this week..........he is the ONLY contestant who has NEVER been in the Bottom Three........;)

I know...rub it in about Danny never seeing the bottom group:D;) But how about the duets? As a Danny fan, who would you like to see him sing with?

I think the final will be between Adam and Danny with Adam winning it all.

I think Purron has it right... best to worst might be Adam, Allison, Kris, Danny. But I like them all!! I'd really like to see a four way tie.

Like Simon would let that happen. :rolleyes::cool:

OK, after seeing the show, my prediction is..... bye-bye Kris!!

I thought he was fabulous, though. The competition is really tough this year.

I will not be surprised if Adam is in the bottom again this week. He's so over the top that I think some of the audience will vote against him. That said I really think that he deserves to be in the final and I hope I'm wrong.

I hope that they pair them up this way. Kris and Adam, Danny and Allison. This should be interesting.;)

I agree bye, bye Kris. I didn't like Danny either though. Allison was better than the judges gave credit for IMHO. Adam was best as usual.

Simon said Kris's performance was like eating ice! What a strange thing to say. But I agree that it was forgettable.

Also, Allison performing a janis song resulted in exactly what I feared would happen. Simon said she had done an imitation. I agree. Why didn't someone stop her? :(

I thought Danny was awful. Hideous actually. He sounded like he had the swine flu. And why was he wearing that dated pinstriped vest along with the oxford shirt?

Adam. I just don't like him much. Oh well. But I guess he's the winner.

Hope all you guys enjoyed Paula's cleavage tonight.

Danny is currently being picked on votefortheworst.com.
Adam may not be safe only because there seems to be a photo of him kissing some dude (not a very nice photo) out on the internet.

I am on the west coast, so I haven't watched AI yet, but I am curious to see what Kris's performance is like (eating ice?).

Aww, come on guys! Adam rocked Led Zep and I thought he and Allison were great together. OK, I'll admit it. I've loved Adam from the get go so maybe I just see the best in what he does. I agree with the judges that Allison and Adam should do more duets after Idol is over. They just clicked and looked great up on that stage together.

Purron,

I like Adam to a certain degree (he can sings high notes like Steven Tyler), but he makes a lot of noise when he inhales when he sings, and that so bothers me. I would think a good singer like him should have learned to inhale silently, so I just can't get over that.

Purron,

I like Adam to a certain degree (he can sings high notes like Steven Tyler), but he makes a lot of noise when he inhales when he sings, and that so bothers me. I would think a good singer like him should have learned to inhale silently, so I just can't get over that.

Listen to his live stage performance from Brigadoon:

YouTube - Adam Lambert at 22 - Brigadoon

His studio recording of Feeling Good from American Idol:

YouTube - Adam Lambert Feeling Good Studio Version High Quality

And let me know what you think.

Purron,

I did listen to both. Wow, he sounds so great on the first one! (Brigadoon). He is one talented dude! His diversity is amazing.

For some reason, I still didn't like Feeling Good. It almost sounds like he has developed some bad singing habits in the recent years?

I can tell from Brigadoon though that he probably has more talent than all the other ones put togehter...

Gothic, classic, Elvis lip curling, theatrical, rocking, creepy (Ring of Fire), ... the list goes on.

O.M.G.

I just finished listening to Danny sing (Dream On). He was TERRIBLE. Unbelievable. If this was an audition, he would be gone. He just doesn't have the range needed to sing that song. I agree with OldBabe. He looked like a business man stopping by at a karaoke bar after work, take his suit jacket off and came on stage (probably drunk). Seriously.

My bottom of the bottom this week - Danny
My top - Adam

Purron,

I did listen to both. Wow, he sounds so great on the first one! (Brigadoon). He is one talented dude! His diversity is amazing.

For some reason, I still didn't like Feeling Good. It almost sounds like he has developed some bad singing habits in the recent years?

I can tell from Brigadoon though that he probably has more talent than all the other ones put togehter...

Gothic, classic, Elvis lip curling, theatrical, rocking, creepy (Ring of Fire), ... the list goes on.

Thanks for listening to these songs. Adam does envoke many different reactions and emotions, but IMHO, he has a rare talent. The bottom line is, what does he do after Idol? At this point, it really doesn't matter if he wins as much as where he goes next. Adam has a huge international following and I hope he lives up to his full potential. By the way, Ring of Fire is my favorite song of his so far. OK, I'm a funky middle aged lady who grew up on Jim Morrison and David Bowie. I kinda like artists who push the envelope.

Thanks for listening to these songs. Adam does envoke many different reactions and emotions, but IMHO, he has a rare talent. The bottom line is, what does he do after Idol? At this point, it really doesn't matter if he wins as much as where he goes next. Adam has a huge international following and I hope he lives up to his full potential. By the way, Ring of Fire is my favorite song of his so far. OK, I'm a funky middle aged lady who grew up on Jim Morrison and David Bowie. I kinda like artists who push the envelope.

Hey - I don't care much for Adam's theatrical presentation, but i'm whichoo - Ring of Fire was perfect for him and i liked it best. Nice twist(ed take) on Cash's classic.

Hope all you guys enjoyed Paula's cleavage tonight.

I thought Adam was great, Danny was good. The duets were also good especially Adam and Alison. I think it is goodbye Chris tonight.

Yes Paula's cleavage was awesome. :cool: Although I still lust more for Cara.

O.M.G.

I just finished listening to Danny sing (Dream On). He was TERRIBLE. Unbelievable. If this was an audition, he would be gone. He just doesn't have the range needed to sing that song. I agree with OldBabe. He looked like a business man stopping by at a karaoke bar after work, take his suit jacket off and came on stage (probably drunk). Seriously.

My bottom of the bottom this week - Danny
My top - Adam

Danny would have done better with a Joe Cocker or Rod Stuart song not sure what he was thinking with that dream on song ,Allison could also have chosen a better Joplin song.

Danny would have done better with a Joe Cocker or Rod Stuart song not sure what he was thinking with that dream on song ,Allison could also have chosen a better Joplin song.

Yep, Danny didn't choose a good song for him. I was hoping for something more along the lines of Huey Lewis or Bruce Springsteen.

I must be an Idol fan . I had my SO drive straight home from the airport so I could watch the show . I thought the best duet was Adam & Allison and I really did not think Kris was that bad . He's so cute how can you not like him . I also think whether Adam wins or not he has a future in the music business .

I thought Adam was great, Danny was good. The duets were also good especially Adam and Alison. I think it is goodbye Chris tonight.

Yes Paula's cleavage was awesome. :cool: Although I still lust more for Cara.

Kara is the bomb........:cool::cool::cool:

Back
Top Bottom