American Idol

Megan is good looking and an average singer. My question is 'Can she move?'. While most of the others have moved around the stage at some part she comes to the mike, does a robot twist, and sings. Absolutely no stage personality.

She can dance for me anytime.......:cool:

Megan looks like a cross between Anna Nicole Smith and Vanna White.

Adam was down right creepy. I wish he stopped making so much noise when he inhales (while singing). He really sometimes sounds to me like a (noisy) woman having s*x or something.

I liked Anoop, Matt(the blues piano player) and Kris (the short guy who usually comes out with a guitar) and Megan. Lil and Sarver were boring.

Adam was down right creepy. I wish he stopped making so much noise when he inhales (while singing). He really sometimes sounds to me like a (noisy) woman having s*x or something.

I guess he's been singing musical theater since he was 10 or 11 years old? 15 years in the business and NO vocal teacher to help him with his breathing? One of the big no-nos with singing is sounding like you're gasping for air when you take a breath........;)

Anoop is now the "tender dawg"..........:ROFLMAO:

I was pleasantly surprised no real train wrecks last night. Although, I am sure that they could have powered the Grand Old Opry (if not all of Nashville) from the energy generated by the Cash family spinning in their graves:LOL: after Adam's performance.

Anoop was surprisingly good, and I enjoyed Michael's performance a lot, although I don't think either are good enough to survive much longer.
Adam and Lil gave subpar performance, but they are both so good that I am sure they will be in the top 5. Megan's performance didn't wow me, but the dress did. I think she edges out Katherine Mcphee in the all time American Idol beauty contest :p

My bottom three are Allison, Adam, and Matt, with my prediction of Allison going home.

I agree that they shouldn't have used the save for Alexis. It's too soon and she's too average.

Me too. In typical Idol style, Ryan gave the impression the person eliminated would be a surprise. I like Alexis, but it didn't come as a shock to me. Now if it had been Danny, Lil or Adam, I have little doubt the save would have been used.

Now if it had been Danny, Lil or Adam, I have little doubt the save would have been used.

I'm not so sure they would've saved Adam. You heard what Simon said about his performance. The save has to be unamimous. They may not have saved Adam. If Adam 'sings' like that again next week I hope we get to find out if they would save him.

I'm not so sure they would've saved Adam. You heard what Simon said about his performance. The save has to be unamimous. They may not have saved Adam. If Adam 'sings' like that again next week I hope we get to find out if they would save him.

I think you may be right. After his last performance, I think Adam is more interested in doing his own thing than winning this competition. I like him and thought his rendition of "Ring of Fire" was very good but admit I may be in the minority. He's just not the type most people can imagine as the next "American Idol". Even so, he is making this season a bit more interesting. I can't remember many other Idol contestants having so much chatter about them. As Simon said, the worst thing is to be forgettable.

After hearing Carrie Underwood sing, all I can say is nobody this season can stand up to her in their singing abilities.

It is interesting to watch this season though, because of Adam. I also look forward to Megan. American Idol tends to gravitate toward people who have big voices and Megan isn't one of them. Someone like Dido would never do well on a show like this one, so Megan is a rare exception (probably because she is so pretty. I even think her tatoo is on the pretty side.)

It is interesting that only 1 (out of the 3 people that went home) is who the judges picked on the wild card night because America didn't pick them.

tmm

After hearing Carrie Underwood sing, all I can say is nobody this season can stand up to her in their singing abilities.

Wasn't she terrific? I really loved her performance last night.

Alexis really messed up in her singing last night (wow, talk about pitchy! :eek:), and I can see why the judges chose not to use their only "save" on her.

No surprises for me. Alexis is a good singer, and will get an album deal, but I think the judges are saving the "save" in case Danny Gokey or Adam or Lil' get into trouble. Sharver looked surprised he was still there. Allison was PISSED she was in the bottom three, I actually like the fact she was pissed, she'll take that anger and channel it into a great performance next week.......:)

Danny had an off week. However, watch out next week, R&B is one genre he can knock out of the park. Last year the the "two Davids" cruised every week, and it was easy to see who would win from a marketability standpoint. There's a few darkhorses this year.

While I like Scott McIntyre, he has reached the edge of his vocals. He can't stay with anyone right now except Sharver. He will probably get an album deal at some point, and his blindness story is touching, but he's not the best singer left.

I am a big Carrie Underwood fan. Remember, Simon told her when she won, that she would sell more albums than any AI winner......:)

However, one thing to remember is that when you WIN, you get access to the BEST songwriters, editors, voice coaches, marketers, hair stylists, fashion designers, etc. In other words, you get developed and helped.

It is interesting that only 1 (out of the 3 people that went home) is who the judges picked on the wild card night because America didn't pick them.

For all the sniping the judges take, they know their stuff. Simon is no dummy, he knows who can be a star and who can't. He often prods the other judges by saying over and over "But can he/she win"?? It gets made fun of, but the USA is FILLED with good singers who are NOT marketable, you see them in every major city every weekend.......;)

Idol again

Well, I admit I missed most of the Tuesday night show because I hate country music in general, and I let my DH watch his beloved NCIS and Mentalist!! But I flipped channels during commercials and still managed to see enough! I am beginning to get creeped out by Adam's extreme looks even though I do think he is talented. Just not too sure he is the best Idol choice.....I still don't think Megan can sing all that well but she IS beautiful.....Allison will be around a couple more weeks but will not make the finals. Lil, I just can't connect with her somehow....Michael is amazing but I do agree that I think he is still around because people feel more sorry for him and that is too bad, really. I did think Alexis would last a bit longer but no way would she have made the top 3 or 4. My money is still on Danny -- he kind of reminds me of Clay Aiken (not in looks but as a whole package), and to me Clay is still the one who should have won!! Anyway, I am impressed overall with this year's slate of contestants -- it seems America really can pick really good singers!! Amazingly, I even agree with Simon most of the time!

I also enjoyed Carrie Underwood's performance. I thought her hair looked a bit weird - she is such a knockout with her long hair and angel face.

Alexis is certainly a good singer but I think her effort to have a "dirty" personna in some of her performances did not work for me. She seems like a sweet girl and good mother and I think she will do fine.

DW and I have always been fans of the show and this season was hard for us to get into but it is certainly getting interesting...

Motown week on Idol

I love Motown! Who do you all think will do well with this venue? I'm guessing Lil might make a comeback. She impressed me early on then didn't do so well the last couple of shows.

I guess Motown week would be tailor-made for Lil, and I think Danny will do well with it, as will Matt, and even Allison might take to it.

But Scott will have a tough time with it, I think. He just doesn't strike me as the Motown type. :confused:

Is next week Motown? Cool that is one of my favorites.

I think Megan, Scott and maybe Anoop may all have troubles. If Lil doesn't blow people away I think it will be sign that she won't be in the finals.

Does anybody beside me think that Megan's giant tattoo takes away from her charm ?

It's the one thing that makes her something other than a pretty girl with charm. Imagine how long she had to sit for that thing! I like it.

I predict that Anoop will blow you all away with his Motown interpretation. (You can all pile on me if I'm wrong!)

Allison was incredible! That girl has an amazing talent. 16 years old! WOW!

I really didn't like any of the other performances much. Anoop was a disappointment. Bummer.

I may have to eat my words about Adam. I thought he was really excellent. As I feared Lil Round didn't have a great performance. Kara said it exactly right she is the Diva, she should be able to blow people away doing Motown.

The judges (and I pretty much agree with them) seem to have it handicapped as Lil Round, Adam, and Danny in the top tier. Scott, Megan, and Michael in the bottom 3 and everybody else in the middle with potential to move up. I think Michael will go this week. There are so few girls in the competition and Megan is so beautiful it will save her for the week.

Back
Top Bottom