American Idol

Attachments

• adamsuit.jpg
    adamsuit.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 2
Who did you like last night?

I was disappointed with most. I did like Kris Allen, Allison (despite the costume), and Adam, sort of. I still have a problem with his overly dramatic performances. My favorite, Megan, is, I fear, on her way out. *sigh*

I agree that overall, last night was disappointing and not as good a show as the previous two weeks.

My favorite was Allison, with Adam as a closer runner-up. I was surprised and pleased that Adam kept the "new look", but I thought his rendition was kind of same-o same-o though still better than most. Kris was very good too, but he has so little stage presence that he is forgettable even so. Danny was good but it wasn't his best performance and oddly, he seemed to be straining a little to sing some notes.

My bottom three would be Megan (who I think sang off key)(sorry!), Scott (who was OK but just can't seem to sing in the various styles that are themes for each show), and, I dunno, I guess Lil who also hit some notes that were very off key. I was really disappointed with Anoop and Matt, both of whom I normally like a lot. Anoop is right up there with Adam and Danny, for me. But not last night.

Last edited:
I don't think Megan sang "off key" in the sense that you mean it , W2R, instead, I think she purposely sang the song in a different key. I actually liked it but it was not a crowd pleaser and not in line with the typical american idol performance. She's a little too odd for the show. I'll be interested to see where she eventually goes IF she's voted off tonight.

I don't think Megan sang "off key" in the sense that you mean it , W2R, instead, I think she purposely sang the song in a different key.

Maybe that's what it was! Anyway, somehow it just didn't click with me. I can see why she has a lot of fans. Really, all nine are pretty good and I would enjoy listening to them all every week for a long time. But if one has to go, I would reluctantly choose Megan.

I think Megan, Anoop, and Matt should be in the bottom 3. I hope Anoop goes because I think he has the least potential of the remaining people. I think Matt will go because he was in the bottom 3 last week when he was really good and this week he was really bad.

I really enjoyed last night . I'm sorry Old Babe but I think Megan is on her way out . Her singing is just okay but her moves are so stiff . They look awkward . My favorites were Allison , Adam and Kris . My votes for the bottom would be Megan ,Anoop , and Scott.

Dial Idol has Megan, Anoop, and Allison in the bottom three! :eek: Hope they are wrong about Allison.

Dial Idol has Megan, Anoop, and Allison in the bottom three! :eek: Hope they are wrong about Allison.

I never liked Allison. She did have one really good week but every other performance she has had was average at best IMHO. She's not that good but she's better than Anoop so hopefully he'll go home this week.

Moemg, I think Megan's dance "moves" are charming, they are part of her quirky charm that makes her unique. What makes a new star is uniqueness, as well as talent. IMHO. So much of American Idol is based on creating more of the same.

Anyway, my prediction, for what it's worth ($0?) is that Anoop will go home. Either him or Matt. Megan's fans will come through for her one more time.

Turns out my prediction was worth exactly zip. I think she was ready to go home to her little boy anyway. Bye bye Megan!

Yeah, Megan gone ... :-<

Women aren't doing too good this season... only two left :-O

Too bad Megan was the best reason to watch the show. Unfortunately she was the worse reason to listen to the show ;)

Anoop keeps staying alive (barely) :)

I used to watch Anoop perform with the UNC Clefhangers. My DW and I thought he stood out amongst the rest of the A Cappella group. I remember talking with her about how talented he was and we were both hoping he'd be fortunate enough to have a career in music. It's kind of fun "knowing" someone in the competition and seeing him become an instant celeb.

I used to watch Anoop perform with the UNC Clefhangers. My DW and I thought he stood out amongst the rest of the A Cappella group. I remember talking with her about how talented he was and we were both hoping he'd be fortunate enough to have a career in music. It's kind of fun "knowing" someone in the competition and seeing him become an instant celeb.

I really like Anoop!!! I could listen to him for hours and love every minute of it. He probably won't make it to the finals, and with this high level of competition probably shouldn't, but I really hope he makes it into the top five.

I really like Anoop!!! I could listen to him for hours and love every minute of it. He probably won't make it to the finals, and with this high level of competition probably shouldn't, but I really hope he makes it into the top five.

Yeah, I agree. There's so much talent that I feel like every week I have a new favorite.

I can't imagine standing up there during the elimination nights. All of them look like they're so nervous they're about to puke. There were a few things that Megan did that made me think she was preparing herself for rejection. It must be an enormous let down but at least she made it to the top ten and will be on the summer tour.

Allison was amazing! That is one of my very favorite songs "I can't make you love me if you don't" first recorded by Bonnie Raitt. It's a heart breaking song and Allison made it new. She's a real star! She's going to win this thing!

First runner up was Adam who is a fantastic singer but just not my personal favorite. I really liked that song though. But Simon gave him a standing ovation. Maybe I'm wrong and he's going to win the whole thing?

Matt was really good too. But the rest were so pedestrian by comparison that I think they might as well all go home now. :nonono:

What do all you AI fans think?

Oldbabe, I really liked Allison tonight too! :) She was my favorite tonight, and I really liked Anoop and Scott (even though the judges didn't like him). They say that Adam is very strongly favored to win, but even though he is really good somehow I don't feel the connection with him.

I don't want to see anybody go, by now. I know Kris can do better. Matt was good. Lil wasn't. Danny is sometimes wonderful but again, tonight wasn't his best performance.

I think Scott and Kris are in trouble with Anoop probably joining them in the bottom 3. I think it's time for Scott to go.

I think Scott and Kris are in trouble with Anoop probably joining them in the bottom 3. I think it's time for Scott to go.

Probably so. Let's see how right we are tomorrow night.

My bottom two are Lil and Scott.

I like Kris.

tmm

My bottom two are Lil and Scott.

I like Kris.

tmm

I would have no problem with Lil going home. I also like Kris. At least more than Lil and Scott and maybe Anoop.

I really like Lil but she has not lived up to her potential the last few weeks. Danny was very good, my Tivo quit before Adams performance (I assume he was good) and I thought that Anoop and Matt were good enough.

I guess my bottom three were Scott, Kris and Lil, with Scott going home.

Adam's performance was amazing and, IMO, the best performance of the season so far. Allison was a strong second. I have to keep reminding myself how young she is. I would love to hear her do a Janis Joplin song. I'm having trouble remembering what everyone else did - they paled in comparison to these two.

The dialidol prediction is Kris, Anoop, and Scott for the bottom three, with Kris going home. I would have thought Lil would be in the predicted bottom three, but no. Although I liked Scott's performance this week, I think that in general Kris is better than Scott. Oh well! Neither will be making the finals anyway, IMO.

After Adam's performance last night the others may as well go home except for Allison who will probably get the #2 spot . Adam is soo much better than the rest .To me his song represented the pain it is to be slightly different and I actually had chills when he sang .

Back
Top Bottom