American Idol

Yep, Danny didn't choose a good song for him. I was hoping for something more along the lines of Huey Lewis or Bruce Springsteen.

"The heart of rock and roll is still beating"..........:)

I think Supertramp would have been awesome, or Genesis........

Purron,

I like Adam to a certain degree (he can sings high notes like Steven Tyler), but he makes a lot of noise when he inhales when he sings, and that so bothers me. I would think a good singer like him should have learned to inhale silently, so I just can't get over that.

He needs a talented voice coach. Anyone remember Madonna in the early days? She had a real breathy inhale you could clearly hear. She got some voice lessons and her tone and everything became MUCH better. I like Adam, the only thing I don't like about him is he is ALREADY been FOUND as far as Hollywood is concerned. He's NOT an unknown like Kris, Danny, or Allison........

Of course,w ehave been down this road in the past, with the Irish chcik from last year having an album out under her maiden name, etc.

I guess I like the TRUE UNKNOWN talent. Adam has been singing musical theatre for many years and his name is out with agents and scouts.

"The heart of rock and roll is still beating"..........:)

Now THAT would have been great! I read somewhere Kara will be back next season. Hope this brings a smile to your face:D

Kara is the bomb........:cool::cool::cool:

But Adam is smokin' HAWT. I don't care if he's gay. He makes me feel like I'm 21 again and I'm not the only one. I found a very active thread in the Idol forums called "Grannies for Glambert". Lots of crazy, fun lovin' gals;)

But Adam is smokin' HAWT. I don't care if he's gay. He makes me feel like I'm 21 again and I'm not the only one. I found a very active thread in the Idol forums called "Grannies for Glambert". Lots of crazy, fun lovin' gals;)

LOL. He does have the mysterious dark handsome bad boy look down cold. Reminds me of Elvis at his peak. But still doesn't him being gay take him down a few notches in the Hawtness factor?

I guess I like the TRUE UNKNOWN talent. Adam has been singing musical theatre for many years and his name is out with agents and scouts.

True but Susan Boyle cut a record, and Idol has had lots of back up singers and even folks with a record contract. Once they moved the age up to the late 20s I think it is inevitable that we will see people with a musical career on Idol. I also think it makes the show better.

LOL. He does have the mysterious dark handsome bad boy look down cold. Reminds me of Elvis at his peak. But still doesn't him being gay take him down a few notches in the Hawtness factor?

Not for me>:D

Wow, that surprises me. I can't imagine being attracted to him, even if he was staight and even if I were a young thing. Oh well, carry on with your fun!

Wow, that surprises me. I can't imagine being attracted to him, even if he was staight and even if I were a young thing. Oh well, carry on with your fun!

Now I'm thinking I wish I hadn't posted those remarks.:blush: Got a bit caught up in the season and set astray by the "Grannies for Glambert" group. Oh well, Idol will be over soon and I'll go back to my same, ole boring self. Helping out at the shelter and tracking our investments. It's been fun while it lasted:D I must confess DH finds it kinda funny and has teased me a bit. He doesn't mind though since I've been feeling a bit more frisky these days;)

I must confess DH finds it kinda funny and has teased me a bit. He doesn't mind though since I've been feeling a bit more frisky these days;)

Watching American Idol as an aphrodisiac!
Who would have thought it?:cool:

Now that surprises me, even an as old straight guy, I understand why woman of all ages would be attracted to Adam. Pretty much every woman I've heard talk about the show thinks Adam is hot The guy has charisma oozing out of his fingernails, a winning smile and oh is remarkably talented. Honest to God rock star qualities. Chris has conventional good looks the kind of guy you'd be happy your daughter married.

Other than Meghan it has been lousy year for us guys though. :(

Now that surprises me, even an as old straight guy, I understand why woman of all ages would be attracted to Adam. Pretty much every woman I've heard talk about the show thinks Adam is hot The guy has charisma oozing out of his fingernails, a winning smile and oh is remarkably talented. Honest to God rock star qualities. Chris has conventional good looks the kind of guy you'd be happy your daughter married.

Other than Meghan it has been lousy year for us guys though. :(

Thanks clifp. I'll take this as a sign it's OK for me to resume my foolish behavior. Looks at picture...faints....*thud*

Attachments

• Adam 8.jpg
    Adam 8.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 0
He does absolutely nothing for me, though I don't know why not. I guess he's not my type. I just don't believe his act is genuine. Even his sincerity strikes me as phony.

He does absolutely nothing for me, though I don't know why not. I guess he's not my type. I just don't believe his act is genuine. Even his sincerity strikes me as phony.

Always had a soft spot for those edgy bad boy rockers. Jim Morrison, Robert Plant, etc. Adam's off screen personality is so different from when's he's on stage. Not sure what's real, but who does with Idol? All I can say is when he's on stage, I'm fastinated. Just curious, what kinda guy gets your motor purrin, other than your SO?

I will miss Allison:( I simply fell in love with her. For such a young girl, I give her props for handling this so well.

I was completely blown away by her incredible goodbye performance. She is a true artist - - she was in tears but instead of letting that hinder her music, to cope with her feelings she poured them all into that song.

As for attractive celebrities? Clint Eastwood, and more now than ever.

I'm with you ! Remember David from HGTV design store ? He was gay but sooo hot . I think Kris is also sexy in a boyish way .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Want2retire

Yeah. He does nothing for me either.

Me either. I don't think I have ever been attracted to a man wearing makeup or jewelry or having his eye brows styled or... but I like 70's hair styles on guys though (slightly long) :cool:

Now THAT would have been great! I read somewhere Kara will be back next season. Hope this brings a smile to your face:D

Kara makes my heart beat faster.......:cool: I was in love with Paula in the late 80's.......:cool: This year, Meghan and Alexis Grace were the cuties. Less cuties than previous years, though.......:(

Me either. I don't think I have ever been attracted to a man wearing makeup or jewelry or having his eye brows styled or... but I like 70's hair styles on guys though (slightly long) :cool:

So, a fan of mullets? (short in front, PARTY in the back) :LOL:

With Allison gone, my interest in the show is almost gone. What a shame! At least Danny showed genuine shock when her departure was announced. I'm sure he's a good guy but for me he just doesn't have any star quality. Maybe he'll have a chance to surprise us.

But I don't think it's even a contest anymore. Adam will run away with it. Kris will come in second. Danny a very lame third.

Adam is very talented but I wonder if he really has any chance at wide appeal. He is such an odd combination, the pretty bad boy but gay. I wonder if he would have any lasting appeal as a pop singer? Maybe he'll find a bigger role in musical theatre. He's really perfect in that area with his over the top performances.

With Allison gone, my interest in the show is almost gone. What a shame! At least Danny showed genuine shock when her departure was announced. I'm sure he's a good guy but for me he just doesn't have any star quality. Maybe he'll have a chance to surprise us.

But I don't think it's even a contest anymore. Adam will run away with it. Kris will come in second. Danny a very lame third.

Adam is very talented but I wonder if he really has any chance at wide appeal. He is such an odd combination, the pretty bad boy but gay. I wonder if he would have any lasting appeal as a pop singer? Maybe he'll find a bigger role in musical theatre. He's really perfect in that area with his over the top performances.

Hey, being gay rocker should HELP Adam, it certainly did NOT hurt Freddie Mercury........;)

I think you underestimate the group of people that would probably buy his music...people under the age of 30...a great majority of them don't care what a person's sexuality is and I'm guessing that many of them actually prefer someone who is a little different. And aren't most rock singers (notice I didn't say pop singers), a little over the top anyway?

Back
Top Bottom