Android or IPhone

My next phone will be an Android (vs. iphone 4) and I'm leaning towards the Samsung Galaxy S Captivate which is coming to Rogers in September up in Canada.

According to a recent Gartner report, Android is beating Apple with 200,000 + activations every single day and is now the 3rd most popular OS in the world (Symbian is #1 and Blackberry is #2).

Attachments

• ipad-nano.jpg
    ipad-nano.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 0
Purchased an HTC Legend about a month ago and have since replaced it with an Iphone4. The droid OS is fine, the phone is frustrating. Low signal strength from the bottom antenna and very short battery life (forget about leaving on the GPS or wifi or blutooth), barely get a day from just 3G without using it much.

The iphone4 works better in every way and I know realize why they are the market leader. Their desire to control everything will be their eventual demise.

My work-provided Sprint Hero is working fine for me after several months. DW has the iPhone which is nice, too.

I have not found a single reason to want one over the other; functionality is comparable. The iPhone makes a better mp3 player, but the android has better web integration with the usual google functions and that is all free, unlike the Mac cloud environment.

Both are great.

e86, I think the HTC Legend and Incredible are similar. I haven't had any reception problems but did upgrade the OEM battery to a slightly bigger 1700 mAh which goes through a full day of use with no problem. I do wish HTC would put bigger batteries in their phones though, the OEM 1300 mAh is kinda wimpy for that phone.

Back
Top Bottom