OK, it happened..phone technology has left me behind.

I have a Google Pixel 6a. I know it is 5G. While it doesn't have wireless charging I have added wireless charging since I prefer wireless charging. In my case it is a card that plugs into the USB-C plug and sits between the phone and the case. I don't know about NFC so you'd have to check on that. $350 new from Google.

Best phone I have ever had. Only lasts about a day for me but I charge it every night anyway so it works for me.

I have a Pixel 6a. You might want to check because mine has wireless charging.

I have a Pixel 6a. You might want to check because mine has wireless charging.

My wife has a Pixel 6a. It does not have wireless charging. My son's Pixel 6 has wireless charging. The Pixel 7a has it.

Maybe you have a Pixel 6?

Bite the bullet and get an iPhone 15 Pro and you will be future proof for several years!

The Pixel 7 Pro came today and it's in mint condition. I put my Sim in and I am off to the races. Very snappy phone, and I installed Android 14. :)

While we’re Apple fans, you can’t go wrong with Apple or Android. Just spend as much as you’re comfortable with on the smartphone that works best with your car and other devices. Android if you’re WinPC, iPhone if you’re a Mac/iOS user - although both will work with each other somewhat. While you can get something for $500, it will probably just become obsolete a little sooner, so you may not save much in the long run. Best.

The Pixel 7 Pro came today and it's in mint condition. I put my Sim in and I am off to the races. Very snappy phone, and I installed Android 14. :)
Congrats. Sounds like a good choice.

While we’re Apple fans, you can’t go wrong with Apple or Android. Just spend as much as you’re comfortable with on the smartphone that works best with your car and other devices. Android if you’re WinPC, iPhone if you’re a Mac/iOS user - although both will work with each other somewhat. While you can get something for $500, it will probably just become obsolete a little sooner, so you may not save much in the long run. Best.

The Pixel support will be for several years. Probably longer than I will be able to do what I do now (at my old age).

The Pixel 7 Pro is top of the line and it's great for a long time Android user like myself. I was using an iPhone 4 when I quit and went to the other side. And I have a new Chromebook for my tablet which is excellent.

I also have DW's newish iPad (series 9, I think), and since she passed 12/22 all it does is sit there. Her iPhone has a completely dead battery and I may give the iPad to a family member rather than have it collecting dust.

Nicely done. Pretty soon you will be texting while driving hands free with Android Auto. Or screening calls with Call Screener. Or taking breathtaking photos (I know you said photos were not that important to you, but just wait until you see how great they are, especially when downloaded to a larger screen.)

If you haven't found these sorts of articles, Google for articles like "Top Tips and Tricks for Pixel 7" or "First Things to do with Pixel 7". You will get a list of a lot of cool things to try.

I've always found YouTube useful when getting a new phone, there's always someone that runs through all the settings and screens in 6 or 8 minutes.

Nicely done. Pretty soon you will be texting while driving hands free with Android Auto. Or screening calls with Call Screener. Or taking breathtaking photos (I know you said photos were not that important to you, but just wait until you see how great they are, especially when downloaded to a larger screen.)

If you haven't found these sorts of articles, Google for articles like "Top Tips and Tricks for Pixel 7" or "First Things to do with Pixel 7". You will get a list of a lot of cool things to try.

Thanks, this version of Android is much nicer than I had on the Power G. I'll be looking into those tips. The phone is very fast. :)

Thanks, this version of Android is much nicer than I had on the Power G. I'll be looking into those tips. The phone is very fast. :)

Yeah, I think the 7 Pro has the 120 Hz screen refresh for smooth, quick scrolling.

This new 7 Pro makes my 3 year old Moto G seem like a dial up phone. :LOL:
I'm still enjoying my 2020 Moto G Power. I do most of my heavy lifting on a desktop PC, so I'm not very demanding of it.

This new 7 Pro makes my 3 year old Moto G seem like a dial up phone. :LOL:

I know, I know. You have to experience it to believe it.

Now do 10-15 year old TV's vs. the new OLEDs...

I'm still enjoying my 2020 Moto G Power. I do most of my heavy lifting on a desktop PC, so I'm not very demanding of it.

I put a Sim card from my deceased wife's iPhone 6 in it (still on the plan) and can use the Power G as a second phone. It's fine for that, but this Pixel is something else in comparison.

My EV (2023 Chevy Bolt) is causing me some personal pain......like I need NFC tech on my phone to use some charging stations or deal with special cards and/or my credit card. Places that have EVGo, Chargepoint, Electrify America, etc. (Tesla soon).

Also, my EV has wireless charging for a cell phone, of which I cannot use with my current phone.:(

And, finally, the darn phone does not support 5G and is slow as cold molasses running down your kitchen cabinet when trying to download a big file.

I thought this 2020 version phone (Moto G Power) would outlive me, but I fooled it! :LOL:

But I love the battery life (3 days). Of course it's long because the phone doesn't do very much.:rolleyes:

So I need to find a phone with 5G, wireless charging, and NFC. I don't care about the camera greatness as no one wants to see any of my photos anyway. But I do take some.

Speed is what I want and a BIG screen (say 6.1 " and bigger)

I need it to be unlocked and work on the Cricket network (AT&T).

I'm cheap....used is fine as SWAPPA sells good stuff. We got DW's used Iphone 6 Plus there years ago and it was MINT. I still have that phone and it works fine, but no one is using it.

My budget is $500.00. (I can be convinced to broaden that)

Key points:

NFC
Wireless charging
5G
Speed
Big screen

Note: the car has both Android Auto and Apple Car Play.

Please help me figure out what to buy!

:cool:

I would consider the Moto Edge 2023. Way better specs better than the MotoG. Has everything you were looking for. Its usually $599 but on sale now through Motorola site for $349. I have a moto edge 2021. Its still a great phone even today and I use it for everything. Link below. Good luck.

https://www.motorola.com/us/smartphones-motorola-edge-gen-4/p?skuId=1001

Back
Top Bottom