Animals we share our lives with

No, I've resisted feeding her.

Horses live a long time in Hawaii, but of course they do die. My wife's horse that she had for 21 years was put down a few hours ago. He was 34 years old. CB (his name) had a bowel impaction of some sort -- nothing else to do. I'm sorry that I don't have any digitized photos of him.

She's working her way into your heart. Smart little girl cat. She is beautiful by the way. Have you given her food yet?

She DID work her way into my heart! So beware Al:)!

Attachments

• gatita 001.jpg
    gatita 001.jpg
    455.5 KB · Views: 10
We've been enjoying the birds visiting our feeder in the garden and 3 weeks ago I noticed animal poop on the lawn when I went out to mow. At first I assumed cat, but we only ever see 1 cat in the area and it didn't look like cat poo. (We had cats for 15 years).

Then the mystery was solved, when we saw little Harry eating the dropped seed and nuts under the bird feeder. We often see him now, usually in the evenings, so he has obviously moved in, and lives under the many shrubs around the borders. Each morning he leaves me little "gifts" to pick up from the lawn but I don't mind at all.

Attachments

• Guisborough - Hedgehog in our garden.jpg
    Guisborough - Hedgehog in our garden.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 21
We've been enjoying the birds visiting our feeder in the garden and 3 weeks ago I noticed animal poop on the lawn when I went out to mow. At first I assumed cat, but we only ever see 1 cat in the area and it didn't look like cat poo. (We had cats for 15 years).

Then the mystery was solved, when we saw little Harry eating the dropped seed and nuts under the bird feeder. We often see him now, usually in the evenings, so he has obviously moved in, and lives under the many shrubs around the borders. Each morning he leaves me little "gifts" to pick up from the lawn but I don't mind at all.

What exactly is "Harry", Alan?

I'm sorry to hear about CB Greg. :( A horse is my favorite animal...bar none.

I'll go with cute hedgehogs, not edible one! Yikes!

He was out and about again this evening and was doing a lot of scratching, first using his back legs, then using his front. I think hedgehogs are born with fleas.

Horses live a long time in Hawaii, but of course they do die. My wife's horse that she had for 21 years was put down a few hours ago. He was 34 years old. CB (his name) had a bowel impaction of some sort -- nothing else to do. I'm sorry that I don't have any digitized photos of him.

I'm sorry to hear about this, too. We had a pony that lived just about as long. You definitely get attached. :(

A horse is my favorite animal...bar none.

I hope your DH isn't reading this.

-------------

Reminds me of a story. We were on a ski trip with another couple and their daughter Meghan. Jenny and the daughter were about seven. At breakfast the second day, I had been explaining to Jenny and Meghan how humans were animals too.

Meghan goes to her dad, who's reading a paper and says:

"Daddy, Mr. TromboneAl says I'm an animal. I'm not an animal, am I Daddy?"

And her Dad says:

"No, Meghan, of course you're not an animal."

I hope your DH isn't reading this.

:ROFLMAO:

Reminds me of a story. We were on a ski trip with another couple and their daughter Meghan. Jenny and the daughter were about seven. At breakfast the second day, I had been explaining to Jenny and Meghan how humans were animals too.

Meghan goes to her dad, who's reading a paper and says:

"Daddy, Mr. TromboneAl says I'm an animal. I'm not an animal, am I Daddy?"

And her Dad says:

"No, Meghan, of course you're not an animal."

:( Meghan's dad needs to go back to Biology class. Reminds me of the medical student who compared babies with humans.....

I've seen a surfing dog a couple times at our favorite surf break, White Plains Beach in Kalealoa. Ringo is a little five-pound mongrel (or purebred, I have no idea) whose owner Sonny has taught him to ride a stand-up paddleboard.

The little guy (Ringo, not Sonny) even wears goggles (brand name "Doggles"). His personal flotation device ("Outward Hound") is equipped with a dorsal handle. On the rare occasions that Sonny wipes out he picks up Ringo by his PFD handle and holds him overhead as they ditch. Then he (Sonny this time, not Ringo) gets everyone organized again on the board and paddles back out. The dog loves it... when they're surfing, he's running all over the board (and hanging 20). The board is even equipped with Ringo's own traction paw, I mean, pad.

I've kept quiet about this because we didn't have photos. However I was browsing SurfShooter the other day and found the dog!

I can't post the (copyrighted) photos, but here's the link to the directory:
Ringo - SUP "Standup Pooch" - SurfShooterHawaii's Photos

Attachments

• Ringo Esperanza the surfer dog.jpg
    Ringo Esperanza the surfer dog.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 4
I've seen a surfing dog a couple times at our favorite surf break, White Plains Beach in Kalealoa. Ringo is a little five-pound mongrel (or purebred, I have no idea) whose owner Sonny has taught him to ride a stand-up paddleboard.

The little guy (Ringo, not Sonny) even wears goggles (brand name "Doggles"). His personal flotation device ("Outward Hound") is equipped with a dorsal handle. On the rare occasions that Sonny wipes out he picks up Ringo by his PFD handle and holds him overhead as they ditch. Then he (Sonny this time, not Ringo) gets everyone organized again on the board and paddles back out. The dog loves it... when they're surfing, he's running all over the board (and hanging 20). The board is even equipped with Ringo's own traction paw, I mean, pad.

I've kept quiet about this because we didn't have photos. However I was browsing SurfShooter the other day and found the dog!

I can't post the (copyrighted) photos, but here's the link to the directory:
Ringo - SUP "Standup Pooch" - SurfShooterHawaii's Photos

he looks like a regular old yorkshire terrier.

Very cool dog! I've heard of a few surfing dogs around here, but never seen them. My Biscuit dog has an Outward Hound life jacket with that same handle, although hers is bright orange.

Back
Top Bottom