Animals we share our lives with

DSCN4404.JPG

Temporary pics

Last edited:
I see it too Khan! Beautiful, lovely birds.

Our recent addition, meet Charley:

Attachments

• IMG_0309.jpg
    IMG_0309.jpg
    437.8 KB · Views: 4
I did click on the link. Thanks for not giving up after the picture posting problems you had so we could see this beautiful kitty! Story? New addition to the Khan household?

I did click on the link. Thanks for not giving up after the picture posting problems you had so we could see this beautiful kitty! Story? New addition to the Khan household?

He showed up out of the woods about 12 years ago.

He showed up out of the woods about 12 years ago.

You must have that big, blinking sign on top of your home that says "homeless kitties come here" like I do;) Looks like he has one foot on the bed. Clever boy.

You must have that big, blinking sign on top of your home that says "homeless kitties come here" like I do;) Looks like he has one foot on the bed. Clever boy.

He has decided that 8AM is time to get up and feed the cat.

He has decided that 8AM is time to get up and feed the cat.

You're lucky. I've got one that thinks 6AM is the correct time. Here's the face I get. Only much closer.

Attachments

• Eddie 2010.JPG
    Eddie 2010.JPG
    419.5 KB · Views: 5
A beautiful butterscotch boy:smitten:

How did he come into your life?

Our last kitty passed away a few months ago, was 16.
DW visited the local shelter. This fine gent picked her. DW was not sure, so she went back a couple of days later and he greeted her like a long lost friend.

So she brought him home. Very friendly and well mannered. According to the shelter he was found as a stray. He's been here a little over a week, has free run of the house, and to the outside via cat doors. Only took off for one night, came cruising in about 8 am, then decided this was home. Now only goes maybe 20 feet from the house.

About the pictures of the "cute" fox, it reminds me of a picture of a coyote that someone happened to snap from his back yard. That coyote looked like a fox, but of course was larger.

It had a little dog, a schnauzer perhaps, in its mouth. :nonono: The dog was already dead.

I have read of some places where a pack of raccoon terrorized a neighborhood by ambushing and hunting house cats. :nonono:

Our last kitty passed away a few months ago, was 16.
DW visited the local shelter. This fine gent picked her. DW was not sure, so she went back a couple of days later and he greeted her like a long lost friend.

So she brought him home. Very friendly and well mannered. According to the shelter he was found as a stray. He's been here a little over a week, has free run of the house, and to the outside via cat doors. Only took off for one night, came cruising in about 8 am, then decided this was home. Now only goes maybe 20 feet from the house.

Thank you for adopting a shelter kitty. He does look like a fine gent. I've often found butterscotch tabby boys to be very calm and sweet natured. He's a lucky fellow indeed:)

Pit Bull Found

I almost hit this dog. Never thought I would have one of the "Pit" breeds in my house! She's a sweetie. She's changed my mind about the breeds. (I know pit bull is not a breed just slang for several breeds.) Her owner hasn't come forward yet. But if not, then I will find her a home with the help of a rescue group or the Humane Society. I had her spayed about 2 days after I found her. In this county it's mandatory. After I find her a home I'm thinking about signing up with the Humane Society to foster some animals, maybe cats.

6511-albums77-picture635.jpg
6511-album

Last edited by a moderator:
She's a beauty. How wonderful of you to help her. I also changed my mind about pits from volunteering at the shelter. Many of them are great dogs. Unfortunately, some of the people attracted to the breed are not so nice.

mountain--that is great news--you will LOVE fostering. It has all the benefits of enjoying an animal in your home along with the pleasure of sending them into a wonderful new future. My three puppies were so much fun!

I was surprised to learn the Humane Society pays for EVERYTHING! The only thing they ask is to give the poor animal a home for a while and transport the animal to adoption events. If you go on vacation call ahead and they will take care of that too. After putting my dog and cat down in the last year I've tried to stay petless. Wow that was really tough. When I almost hit this dog last week and decided to put her in the car, it really perked up my life. I talk about her all the time in the local cafe. The guy holding her in the photo is from a local pit bull rescue group. Some people were horrified that I picked her up. I always said I would not have one and here I am. She's a handful. She listens to me at home but take her out to the vets and she gets so excited. She's only 58 lbs. but solid muscle! She's really a good looking dog. I found out she is a blue nose. So because of her I started thinking about fostering animals maybe start with a cat as I think they are a little easier.

Boots has a bladder infection. He was a good boy with the vet, not hissing or meowing. The medication will take a couple of days although he is now comfortable.

Attachments

• f1710043.jpg
    f1710043.jpg
    527.8 KB · Views: 5
Boots has a bladder infection. He was a good boy with the vet, not hissing or meowing. The medication will take a couple of days although he is now comfortable.

He's darling!

kc, he is a lovely boy! Very comfortable in that picture, that's for sure. So glad he's on the mend.

And hey, look what a friend delivered to us last night:
Christmas is coming and we'll be happy to ship! :D

Attachments

• Kitty.JPG
    Kitty.JPG
    87 KB · Views: 5
Beautiful cats guys. I like dogs well almost all animals, but really am a cat person. I just find them much easier to keep, even if they do tear the furniture up a bit! The problem is the over population of both.

PS Thanks for fixing the size of the fonts in the paragraph above the dog photo. I'm still not that good at posting pictures.

Back
Top Bottom