Join Early Retirement Today

Another college shooting and baseball hearings.
Old 02-15-2008, 05:42 AM   #1
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Another college shooting and baseball hearings.

Yes our crack politicians fiddle away as Iraq burns and we close mental hospitals in america and SAY we will put mental patients on MEDICATION which they almost never take consistently without supervision, and easy access to guns and shotguns and ammo well what do you expect. Someone cracks and shoots up a place and we all watch on TV and the internet and say oh how does this happen. then we turn to see what our leaders are doing and we have Roger Clemens who threw a BASEBALL and made a ton of money say No I didn't use steroids! With guys elected sitting and asking dumbarse questions and wasting your tax dollars on something that BASEBALL should deal with by itself. Let the marketplace decide about these overgrown CHILDREN who play the game. If we stopped going to the games because these idiots use steroids then who would care??

But the poor kid who was shot by the nut who should be in a mental hospital was kicked to the side of the road only to beable to get a gun and go hunting for humans.

Man this place is ugly.

But hey we saved our cash money and were able to retire early and hide from these crazy people... Right??

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-15-2008, 08:23 AM   #2
Full time employment: Posting here.

GOD BLESS

Old 02-15-2008, 09:35 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by newguy888 View Post
Yes our crack politicians fiddle away as Iraq burns and we close mental hospitals in america and SAY we will put mental patients on MEDICATION which they almost never take consistently without supervision, and easy access to guns and shotguns and ammo well what do you expect. Someone cracks and shoots up a place and we all watch on TV and the internet and say oh how does this happen. then we turn to see what our leaders are doing and we have Roger Clemens who threw a BASEBALL and made a ton of money say No I didn't use steroids! With guys elected sitting and asking dumbarse questions and wasting your tax dollars on something that BASEBALL should deal with by itself. Let the marketplace decide about these overgrown CHILDREN who play the game. If we stopped going to the games because these idiots use steroids then who would care??

But the poor kid who was shot by the nut who should be in a mental hospital was kicked to the side of the road only to beable to get a gun and go hunting for humans.

Man this place is ugly.

But hey we saved our cash money and were able to retire early and hide from these crazy people... Right??
Whoever coined the phrase "Don't shoot the messenger", hasn't met you yet.
Old 02-15-2008, 10:05 AM   #4
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

What is the rationale behind congressional hearings about baseball?
Old 02-15-2008, 10:11 AM   #5
gone traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by TromboneAl View Post
My understanding it's because they are role models and they impact teenage steroid use. Plus who would you rather have in front of you, big name sports heros or some pimply off his meds kid?
Old 02-15-2008, 10:17 AM   #6

Quote:

Rationale? It's just something they feel like doing. You know, like instead of doing something constructive.
Old 02-15-2008, 10:44 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantlogin View Post
Rationale? It's just something the feel like doing. You know, like instead of doing something constructive.
I think our best years have been with one party in control of congress and the other party in control of the white house... we're better off when they're in a stalemate!

I propose we all pitch in a little something and buy all of them suduko books for Christmas. Or, maybe lobby to have them look into some other non-issue issue... anything to keep them preoccupied!
Old 02-15-2008, 12:26 PM   #8
Recycles dryer sheets

Need a lawyer to clarify, but I recall in the 70s a supreme court ruling that involuntary hospitalization in a mental hospital was a violation of rights. Just because you are crazy is no reason to send you to the hospital. Sort of like a movie theme, Catch 22.
Old 02-15-2008, 12:49 PM   #9

Quote:
Print - What if baseball lost antitrust deal?

Because baseball has an antitrust exemption and flagrantly ignored illegal activity....see the the number of players that have come up with the federal investigation of steroid distribution....
Old 02-15-2008, 04:37 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by poboy View Post
Need a lawyer to clarify, but I recall in the 70s a supreme court ruling that involuntary hospitalization in a mental hospital was a violation of rights. Just because you are crazy is no reason to send you to the hospital. Sort of like a movie theme, Catch 22.
You are correct. There cannot be an involuntary commitment to a hospital unless the person is a "clear and present danger" to himself or others. The problem is they are often not seen as a danger until they open fire.

Someone having a conversation with a telephone pole is not doing anything that justifies using the power of the state to take away his freedom. And that's the dilemma.
Old 02-15-2008, 05:01 PM   #11

Bull, its all garbage. Open the mental hospitals and put these sick bas^&ards in! The guy was OFF HIS MEDS!! No kidding!!! How many more of these candle light situations do we need after another dumb Arse goes and shoots up a gun free zone. $hit the guy WAS ABLE to purchase his weapons LEGALLY!!!! Yes a freak taking some wacko prescrips and NOT TAKING THEM was able to arm himself to the teeth and walk into a room and shoot and shoot!

Look gang either outlaw guns or arm everyone! Then we can look like Iraq!!!

Man I saw the reports today that he was off his meds and said gee I was right AGAIN. But the NRA dudes like guns. I could care less. Time to figure out what to do with our sick humans walking the streets. Open THE MENTAL HOSPITALS!!!
Old 02-15-2008, 05:51 PM   #12

Do you froth at the mouth when you post Newguy?
Old 02-15-2008, 06:00 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notmuchlonger View Post
Do you froth at the mouth when you post Newguy?
He's probably off his meds.
Old 02-15-2008, 07:27 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantlogin View Post
He's probably off his meds.
Yes cold turkey no booze,

Come on people, we have decided as a nation that these events are well tolerated. That is the real issue here.
Old 02-15-2008, 07:38 PM   #15

Quote:
Yes cold turkey no booze,

Come on people, we have decided as a nation that these events are well tolerated. That is the real issue here.
Frankly Newguy i do not think you are doing enough. Instead of being outraged on this retirement forum. Why dont you take your act to Washington and march on this issue. Start up a nice grass roots movement about the issues that make you get all frothy.
Old 02-15-2008, 07:56 PM   #16

Quote:
Frankly Newguy i do not think you are doing enough. Instead of being outraged on this retirement forum. Why dont you take your act to Washington and march on this issue. Start up a nice grass roots movement about the issues that make you get all frothy.
So the fact that we have easy access to guns and ammo does not bother you?

It seems as though many retire early and then get lazy and not care about much except if their stocks and other funds continue to grow at better than 6%.
Old 02-15-2008, 08:07 PM   #17
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
"The only problem was I run out of bullets," Picket said.
A neighbor describes Picket as a "hero."
Link

Good people have guns too.
Old 02-15-2008, 08:11 PM   #18

Quote:
So the fact that we have easy access to guns and ammo does not bother you?

It seems as though many retire early and then get lazy and not care about much except if their stocks and other funds continue to grow at better than 6%.
That was cute how you twisted it around. But I have something for you Conversational Terrorism: How NOT to Talk!

Ha! I know your terrorist conversational tactics!
Old 02-16-2008, 05:36 AM   #19

Quote:

...Ha! I know your terrorist conversational tactics!
NICE shot!
Old 02-16-2008, 10:26 AM   #20
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
"Didn't we already have this argument just before you went through the de-tox program?"
Priceless...

...not doing anything of true substance...
HFWR is offline   Reply With Quote