Another Part-Time Job Idea

Payin-the-Toll

Recycles dryer sheets
Tough week at the dentist--wife needed one crown replaced, I needed two (Bye-Bye to most of that extra money I've saved back this year). Dental assistant asks wife if she wants the gold back, wife says yes. When I go she asks me the same thing--I say yes but with the cost of gas and the time I'll waste finding someone to buy it, I probably won't make any money. She gives me a self-addressed padded envelope with a note enclosed from a guy who says he'll take the broken crowns and mail us the money and postage. I had the gold from two old broken crowns from 10-15 yrs ago (side story--found a guy who bought that stuff and when I went to his shop he'd been killed and robbed the day before). So I weighed out this junk on my old gram-scales from the 70's (??), and it was 10 grams. 1/3 oz of gold is $300, and I figure 1/2 the weight is junk material (glue, other metals, etc.), so I figure it's worth $150, so I'm hoping to get close to $100. Anyway, thought this is a pretty neat way to earn part-time income. Figure the guy must have been a salesmen to dentists or something at one time, because if not he must have gotten thrown out of a lot of offices trying to get them to take his pre-addressed envelopes and passing them out to patients.

Back
Top Bottom