Any one tred Chantix

jambo101

Full time employment: Posting here.
Any one used Chantix to help with smoking cessation ? if so what did you think and how well did it work?

I tried it jambo101. I thought it was pretty effective at reducing my urge to smoke. It did produce some interesting dreams, and turned out to be hard enough on my stomach that I gave up on it.

Coach

The plant went smoke-free January 1, 2008. That included all company-owned property so no one is allowed to smoke outside or in their car unless their are on the road. Several people used Chantix and were very satisfied with it. Nicotine patches were free to employees but some folks couldn't tolerate them so we added Chantix to the free treatments. One person did mention the weird dreams.

My son-in-law quit for awhile using Chantix but he started again. He is one of the very, very addicted and I'm guessing death (maybe a heart attack) will be the only thing that will break his habit. He and my step-daughter are the only two smokers I know that still smoke in their home. We don't spend much time there and I have lost a lot of respect for both of them over the years because they smoke with my grandson in the house (and car) knowing how dangerous second-hand smoke is.

Yep, I can speak as a very addicted smoker - I used Chantix, it worked wonderfully & I personally experienced no side effects - I was able to easily quit & stayed quit for 4 months (after many years of smoking and many failed attempts with patches, gum, cold turkey, that lasted no more than a few days)

I fell off the wagon though due to a stressful time with a serious illness in the family. When I get myself ready to quit again it'll be with Chantix. Costs about $100 to $125 a month (about the same as cigs for me)

I don't know that everyone might have the same experience I did (different personality, addiction, biology) but I highly recommend giving it a try.

Back
Top Bottom