Anyone ever buy from the Etsy website?

Orchidflower

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Etsy is (supposedly) an artist's showcase on the net where many artists seem to be selling their jewelry and other handmade items. Has anyone here ever bought anything from anyone on this website? And I hope it was all good experiences?
:confused:

http://www.etsy.com/

I have purchased some pendants made to support a friend who's child had cancer. (the precious 2-year old lost her battle).

The seller was great to work with and even did some custom work for my friends and I.

I have bought several things from etsy . I usually use that sandy girl . She has great prices and I've been happy with her work .

A friend of a friend does some small-volume creative sewing and sells on Etsy. I haven't bought or sold, though. I'd promote her directly, but I think she's already feeling overwhelmed.

I love etsy and I have bought many things on the site. Some of the purchases I've been happy with were xmas presents for family and jewelry for me. The quality can vary from seller to seller ...some sellers are just weekend crafters and some sellers are high end artists.

If you are in need of a laugh, whenever I'm in a bad mood, I visit regretsy.com
have fun,
Liz

I have sold some home made Elderberry Jelly, and have purchased some items, too.
Both selling and buying were easy.
(But it has been a few years, and I haven't been on the site in a while)

I purchased a painting through Etsy a few years ago. It was a good experience.

I have both bought and sold on etsy, and all were good experiences. One of the nice things about etsy is that it's generally a little friendlier than buying/selling on eBay, IMO.

BTW, most transactions use PayPal, which gives the buyer some protection.

I love etsy and I have bought many things on the site. Some of the purchases I've been happy with were xmas presents for family and jewelry for me. The quality can vary from seller to seller ...some sellers are just weekend crafters and some sellers are high end artists.

If you are in need of a laugh, whenever I'm in a bad mood, I visit regretsy.com
have fun,
Liz

Looks like a fun site, and I'll look.

I did some strolling thru etsy.com last night. I did find an Ebay seller selling his small jewelry items like pierced earrings for $12 on Etsy when he sells them on Ebay for $13.50!!!! Yeah...little eye opener for us all.
Since I seem to not know the tricks for winning bids on Ebay without using Snipe.com, I'm pretty burned out there. Plus, I've bid on, for instance, a nice looking Eileen Fisher top and skirt outfit on Ebay and, when it arrived, it was PILLED all over! Crook!!!!:mad: So, I'm not so enamored with Ebay anymore.
However, in fairness, I've also received things in great order from honest salespersons there.
Amazon.com, however, I've never had a problem with and it appears from the posters here that Etsy.com is, also, reliable....great deal!!!:D

I've bought several things through Etsy - has worked wonderfully. They even shop overseas to me! I usually buy knitting stuff - handmade knitting bags in great fabrics, some knitting jewelry. All experiences have been excellent.

Well, I actually have a few conversations about different handmade items by artists and purchased a few things. Smooth sailing so far, and the artists are really friendly and even will go out of their way to make things more to your liking (i.e., one is putting copper around some sterling silver earrings I have for no extra charge = something really different looking). Looks really like a good, reliable group of sellers. :)
Think I'll like working with Etsy.com better than Ebay where I've had some real scammers sell to me. :rolleyes: Not to say all are by far, but the few bad apples....

Thanks for the recommendations all!

Back
Top Bottom