Anyone have dreams about the old workplace?

jambo101

Full time employment: Posting here.
I've been out of the factory for almost a year but i'm having a lot of dreams about the place,i had one yesterday where i was sitting in the cafeteria talking to the guys and got up to get another coffee,thats when i walked into my bedroom wall and woke up wondering if i'd just been transplanted into a different reality.:D

I occasionally have a nightmare about being back to work in Meg Corp, and wake up in a sweat and afraid to go back to sleep. Luckily it doesn't happen often.

Jeb

i had a few in the first half year or so of FIRE, but my subconscious finally settled down. :rolleyes:
when i see former cow*rkers at a weekly lunch outing, it serves to reinforce my joy of escape. :D:D:D but i'm gracious enough not to crow about it as they check their watches and trudge back to the salt mines...

You may have them the rest of you life. I still have them after 30 years (no it is NOT PTSD). Sometimes they actually are interesting and the good thing is I can remember folks that were friends at the time I could never remember when awake.

I have had dreams of leaving the mega-corp...mostly about following up on some meeting and wondering if all the logistics worked out. I don't have any dreams about the new place that I am working in....it just does not seem like work, but fun.
I feel like I am retired already.....strange!

I had dreams that I had been talked into coming back to work for about a year after jumping. I would always ask myself - what was I thinking?!
Been free for a little over 2 years and the dreams are long gone now!

I remember having dreams that I was still in college and could not remember what courses I was taking or where they were held for a while after graduating. That was a nightmare!

My 10 cent guess is that the dreams are helping you process questions, issues and experiences from that job. I still have one or two dreams a year about a workplace I left 12 years ago.

I have had quite a few. I have only been work free for 14 months. The funniest one had my boss with a full head of curly hair. I remember in my dream that I couldn't believe he had hair on the top of his head.

I had a work dream about once a week for the first 8-9 months. Now maybe once every other month. I have been offered a job back at mega corp but we're not struggling enough to seriously consider revoking my parole....yet.

I've been out of the factory for almost a year but i'm having a lot of dreams about the place,
When you're searching for other threads on this subject, try the keywords "nightmare" and "screaming" along with "dream"...

It was a major part of your life for a long time. Not surprising that it will take a while to get used to the idea of not being there, not doing what you did, not seeing the people. I've been out six years and I still think about it, but less and less as time goes on. It's getting to be like that was a different life (which I suppose it was) because I don't have those responsibilities anymore.

I had dreams of being at work fairly frequently at first.

They changed over time:
I would be in some hideous situation at work and would slowly realize that I was retired and would wake up.

I started (in the dreams) realizing earlier in the situation that I was retired.

They mostly tapered off.

A few weeks ago (in the dream) it pretty much started out with me realizing I was retired and telling folks up front that the situation (and they) would all go away when I awoke.

I sometimes have dreams that I am back in the Navy (which I left 22 years ago). I am often missing some essential piece of my uniform.

As for me, I am dreaming of retirement... (though these dreams occur mostly while awake)

Sure, I had nightmares, but no, that was while at work.

I'm in the fourth week now and am sleeping without dreams. Everyday seems like Saturday, sometimes I think I'll worry about the workweek tomorrow (Sunday) but then I realize I don't have to worry about it at all, don't have to have my laundry ready, don't have to get everything done on the weekend, etc.

ZZZZZ

I do sometimes. I really liked my job and with the market the way it is this would be a good time to have a good paying job that I like. But I made my decision and went on a looong road trip to celebrate and I am getting used to the less structured time. I also know that I 'could not go home again'. My assistant got my job, as I arranged for and it would not be the same. But it was a good place and I think my dreams are more about subconscious insecurity about the market than actually wanting my job back.

Sure, I had nightmares, but no, that was while at work.

I'm in the fourth week now and am sleeping without dreams. Everyday seems like Saturday

That's because everyday IS Saturday, and you're not dreaming -- you're retired!

-- Rita

Back
Top Bottom