Are we at war or not?

The French work fewer hours, so they are more refreshed.

hoo hooo.. Wackenhut!
from wikipedia:
Wackenhut was founded in 1954, in Coral Gables, Florida, by George Wackenhut and three partners, all former FBI agents. After early struggles — including a fistfight between Wackenhut and one of his partners — he took sole control of the company in 1958, naming it for himself. After working all day in the office, he sometimes worked as a security guard at night. By 1964, he had contracts to guard the Kennedy Space Center in Florida, as well as the U.S. Atomic Energy Commission's nuclear test site in Nevada; the company had an initial public offering the next year. In 2002, the company was purchased by Danish corporation Group 4 Falck (now Group 4 Securicor) for $570 million. At the time, the company operated in 54 countries, had $2.8 billion in revenue, and its founder still controlled more than 50% of its stock.

Last edited:
The French work fewer hours, so they are more refreshed.

It's true. That's just one of the things that makes me so frustrated with our current government. The French have no need to work at all, yet live lives of luxury with the entire planet at their beck and call. We work endlessly and in agony for bread and water with no relief in sight. It just sucks!

Damn, the French government has even granted citizens eternal life, so they don't even have the darn "get old and croak" issue to worry about. Our government can't even figure out how to dispose of our bodies environmentally.

It's really a pisser. I tell ya.......! :rant:

Sorry, just funning. It would be interesting to know if these people are paid like the TSA screeners, though, and whether security guard is a second, night job.

The French don't live forever (it just seems like forever).
Bodies? They jes' throw 'em into the reactor, I reckon!

Last edited:
Wackenhut update:

Nuclear Security Officer – Armed

$12.00-$15.50/hour

G4S Wackenhut

--
P.S. The required shifts are 12 hours (not eight).
I think I would go nuts after 4. There's only so long you can maintain peak alertness.

Last edited:
I'm not defending these snoozers, but the reporting was a little overblown. You can bet the facility is surrounded by a rather high tech alarm system. Any attempts to infiltrate the plant will most likely set off the alarm gently waking the slackers. There is little likelihood the terrorists will attempt to infiltrate the plant by starting in the ready room so being a sleep while very unprofessional and definitely not acceptable is not as bad as the report makes it sound.

I'm not defending these snoozers, but the reporting was a little overblown. You can bet the facility is surrounded by a rather high tech alarm system. Any attempts to infiltrate the plant will most likely set off the alarm gently waking the slackers. There is little likelihood the terrorists will attempt to infiltrate the plant by starting in the ready room so being a sleep while very unprofessional and definitely not acceptable is not as bad as the report makes it sound.

More like a shoulder-launched missile or IED or something........I doubt that the security guards could do anything about that.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom