Are You Stuck In A Time Warp?

MichaelB

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Site Team
Here’s an article folks will enjoy Joe Lupo: Are You Stuck In A Time Warp?

How do you know if you are stuck in a time warp?

- You are wearing the same jeans you wore ten years ago.

- It has been more than five years since you've modified your hairstyle or changed hair products.

- You can't remember when you changed the silhouette of your jacket. For example, more current jackets for men are slightly shorter and have side vents. If you are wearing jackets with no vents you may be a decade behind.

- Your shoes have square toes.

[FONT=&quot] - The frames of your glasses (sun, readers or and prescription) haven't been updated in five years.[/FONT]
Read the article for suggestions on how to improve one’s look.

Here’s an article folks will enjoy
Read the article for suggestions on how to improve one’s look.
He says think of yourself as a brand. I did, and it was selling on a back row in the Dollar Store. :)

Ha

I'm half way in the time warp...is that even possible? Old jeans, same hair style and same cheap suave shampoo, have the square toed shoes, but haven't worn them in a long time. :facepalm:

I never had square toed shoes so I must be a fashion plate.

• Kirkland jeans - I'll change styles when Costco does
  • Friar Tuck hairstyle - timeless
  • Jackets have silhouettes?
  • But......... I have square toes!
  • I wear contact lenses. Do mine look dated?

Sounds like somebody who is trying to convince folks that they should go out and spend money every few years and replace all their clothes, shoes, and get a new hairstyle. No thanks and there are a number of things I've had for a lot longer than five years and still wear.

travelover said:
[*]Kirkland jeans - I'll change styles when Costco does
[*]Friar Tuck hairstyle - timeless
[*]Jackets have silhouettes?
[*]But......... I have square toes!
[*]I wear contact lenses. Do mine look dated?

Oh you can talk big about your cheapness, but I know! :)
I will confess to having no fashion sense and the same hippie haircut. My glasses are stylish because they are new.

Jeans?
I'm sure I have a pair around somewhere. Must make a note to ask one of the household staff.

But really! One suspects these clients are people who fail to even dress for dinner.

3/5ths stuck, old jeans, no hair, and old jacket. Shoes and glasses less than a year old.

Jeans?
I'm sure I have a pair around somewhere. Must make a note to ask one of the household staff.

But really! One suspects these clients are people who fail to even dress for dinner.

Dinner with clothes on?:LOL:

#6 -- you have a fat wallet because you don't waste your money on trendy new clothes.

My jeans from 10 years ago don't fit- Just bought a new pair at WM... $18

But, I really prefer my pants have elastic at the waist- hopefully all the way around.

What's a vent in a jacket? Is that where the seams are ripped apart?

Just keep wearing these things, men, and in another ten years you'll be back in style.

I can still wear some Calvin Klein jeans I bought in 1986. They are a little tighter, but they are wearable! How on earth is this a bad thing?

Amethyst

"You are wearing the same jeans you wore ten years ago.
"

I don't mind being a "classic" (OK, an antique :cool: ).

Never changed my "style", just for the sake of change.

I am so paranoid about wearing Mom jeans or pants that I bought these below the waist pants that keep falling down !:)

I don't mind being a "classic" (OK, an antique :cool: ).

Never changed my "style", just for the sake of change.

What is this style thing you speak off:confused:?

I find the classic looks work best for me. They are elegant without being old fashioned, mature without being aged, and youngish without making me look like an old fool who won't admit his age. They also inspire looks of admiration from attractive females. :D

For folks who get their sense of worth by following trends and being current, enjoy yourselves and your smug superiority by labeling the rest of us as stuck in a time warp. For those of us with a personal sense of style and comfort which suits ourselves and is not dependent on fashion trends, let us boldly enjoy our time warp. Personally I'm much more interested in function than fashion. I'll have a vent (or not) in a jacket if doing so has some useful purpose. I cannot imagine wanting one (or not) because it is in (or out) of style this season.

Back
Top Bottom