Baseball 2016

read in the paper today Astros vs Mets in WS

Little Babe gone for the year. I was all set for him to lead the majors in home runs too.

I don't believe in curses, I don't believe in curses, I don't believe in curses :facepalm:.

Cubs' Kyle Schwarber goes on disabled list | cubs.com

PHOENIX -- Kyle Schwarber, injured in a collision in the outfield on Thursday, will miss the remainder of the 2016 season due to fully torn ACL and LCL ligaments in his left leg, as well as a severely sprained left ankle, the club informed reporters before Friday's game against the D-backs.

Wella, wella, well-ah! My, my, my.

Home opener at the Friendly Confines after Arrieta does his own Little Babe routine.

And a second chance to put up one I was thinking of to start this thread (but I like the one that made it). Holy Cow!

Royals fans are excited. Four wins so far and they all came from different attributes of an amazing team chemistry. Hope the Cubbies come through, I'd be willing to lose to them in 7 just for the thrill of it. Playing the Astros next, this ought to be fun to watch no matter who wins.

Last edited:
Astros look great. Good game even though the Royals are getting hammered.

Arietta gets the first no-no of the season:

Jake Arrieta's career reached another zenith Thursday night even though he lacked sharpness.

Arrieta's ability to overcome his lack of command simply speaks volumes about his incredible dominance since the middle of his 2015 National League Cy Young Award-winning season.

Despite four walks, Arrieta's supremacy took over in the final three innings of a no-hitter that overshadowed the Cubs' 16-0 humbling of the Reds before a crowd of 16,497 at damp Great American Ball Park.

Jake Arrieta throws second no-hitter of career in 16-0 rout of Reds - Chicago Tribune

Maybe the Cubbies should give him a blank check for him to put in the amount he thinks that he is worth and just pay that before he goes in the open market in 2017. :)

Maybe the Cubbies should give him a blank check for him to put in the amount he thinks that he is worth and just pay that before he goes in the open market in 2017. :)

Didn't Andre "The Hawk" Dawson do that in reverse? Giving the Cubs a blank check to let him come play in Wrigley? Regardless, he definitely made a mark there.

Didn't Andre "The Hawk" Dawson do that in reverse? Giving the Cubs a blank check to let him come play in Wrigley? Regardless, he definitely made a mark there.

Yes, "The Hawk" did do that.

Enjoy baseball, while the game is still baseball.

There could be major changes to Major League Baseball's strike zone as early as the 2017 season.

According to an ESPN report, the MLB's competition committee has approved a motion that would raise the strike zone to the top of the hitter's knees (from its current position at "the hollow beneath the kneecap").

In addition, the committee voted to do away with the need for teams to throw four balls when it wants to intentionally walk a batter. Instead, the batter would simply be awarded first base.

Report: MLB could raise the strike zone, change intentional walks for 2017 season | FOX Sports

Call me a [-]prude[/-] purist, but requiring a team to throw four balls for an intentional walk is part of the fun. A lot can happen forcing a pitcher to throw four balls as an intentional. Who wants to go to a baseball game that only lasts 2 hours? :blush: Nothing like an old time 5 hour or more game.

Enjoy baseball, while the game is still baseball.

Report: MLB could raise the strike zone, change intentional walks for 2017 season | FOX Sports

Call me a [-]prude[/-] purist, but requiring a team to throw four balls for an intentional walk is part of the fun. A lot can happen forcing a pitcher to throw four balls as an intentional. Who wants to go to a baseball game that only lasts 2 hours? :blush: Nothing like an old time 5 hour or more game.

Without intentional walks the Bad New Bears never would have come as close as they did!

Without intentional walks the Bad New Bears never would have come as close as they did!

Haven't seen Bad News Bears in a long long time. My memory is shuffling. I'll take a stab, did they constantly walk the character played by Tatum O'Neil? Wasn't she like the Mo’ne Davis of the movie, a girl making all the boys look bad?

With the possible no need to throw 4 pitches for intentional walks, looks like Bryce Harper my not need to pack any bats at all :LOL:.

Glad Odor was not on the receiving end. I get the impression many around league where happy to see Batista get smacked, although I do not want to see baseball become like ice hockey. Haven't heard yet whether the 8 game suspension will be reduced.

Unbelievable comeback by the Royals today. Young guys just keeping the line moving.

Something you probably won't see outside the KC market.

1st time in team history they've come back and won after being down 2 or more runs in the 7th for 3 straight games. Sweeping the Sox and taking over 1st place, ya gotta believe.

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times.....

Two club records in a month or so. First the winning streak and now the longest and worst slump in years.

The all star break can't come soon enough for the Cubbies. They are pretty much limping towards the break winning only about 6 out of their last 20 or so games. Pretty much an embarrassment that their whole infield will start. Sure, they had an amazing April and May, but a terrible June and bad July so far.

The All Star "vote often" system is ludicrous. I don't see any reasonable way to prevent ballot-box-stuffing style abuses of an anonymous online voting system. Can't imagine MLB will return to the mail-in paper ballots of years past, but that process discouraged most people from voting over and over, and IMO usually resulted in more deserving and diverse AS rosters than we typically get now.

I remember those paper ballots. My first exposure to punched cards. I do remember a time going to a game in the summer and grabbing several ballots to vote :).

Cubs are giving a lot of young talent for what could be a rental. World Series or broke :(.

I seriously hope the Rangers don't do likewise. Not a very good ROI from my perspective.

Back
Top Bottom