Been one of those days

Some good news

The CT scan was inconclusive, but no obvious cancerous masses. The pup is responding well to the antibiotic and steroids, so he is coming home tomorrow. Hopefully we finish the course of medication and it doesn't come back. If not, the next step is a biopsy, but hopefully it doesn't come to that.

Thanks for the well wishes.

Brewer,

Sorry to hear he is not doing well. Hope the medication works and there is no C. Our dog, Susie, had a stroke at 17 yrs old. My daughter is puppy sitting, so I have a 7 week old Daschund (sp?) sleeping on my lap right now. He is so tiny and so cute. Our 5 cats are locked out of the computer room and are not amused. Best wishes.

Dreamer

The vet thinks he has masticatory myositis. Weird, because it is usually associated with large breeds. If this is indeed the case, it is typically very treatable with prednisone and relapses are unusual. Porter is coming home tonight.

brewer12345 said:
The vet thinks he has masticatory myositis.  Weird, because it is usually associated with large breeds.  If this is indeed the case, it is typically very treatable with prednisone and relapses are unusual.  Porter is coming home tonight.
Compared to some of the other possibilities, this doesn't sound to bad.
Hopefully once you get established on the appropriate meds all will be well.
Welcome home Porter!!! :D

JPatrick said:
Hopefully once you get established on the appropriate meds all will be well.
That may be true, but it'll probably be better for everyone if Brewer gives the meds to the dog...

Back
Top Bottom