Best Country Songs

I'm not really into country, but my first album was Urban Chipmunk, by the chipmunk. It came out around the time of Urban Cowboy.

Nope, not a chance.

Country music isn't my favorite either, but sometimes it suits the mood...

Try this one. It's not all THAT country. To me it seems like the roots of Rock n Roll come from blues and country and the whole American music evolution.

"I Told You So" Carrie with Randy Travis from American Idol - YouTube

Now here's what I thought of as country music when I was a young girl. I despised this music - - they seemed like such hicks to me! But now that I am older and have heard much worse music, they seem like a treasure in American musical history.

Last edited:
There's just something about country music that :sick:
But, but....why did you click on the thread in the first place....:D

.........then submit three more posts.....:LOL:

Last edited:
Thanks W2R, but I can't I just can't listen to it.

Aw, gee! How far is that from something like Connie Francis in this top forties tune:

Who's Sorry Now? by Connie Francis (Lyrics) - YouTube

I understand and sympathize if you really don't like it. But I'd just hate for someone who loves music as much as you obviously do, to miss out on a whole genre possibly because of some preconceptions.

I actually know that song, I can remember my Mom listening to it on the radio.

I'm not about to try and persuade anyone who claims not to like country to change their mind but IMO, really great music transcends it's genre.

The artists and songs I really like, I really like because they move me - regardless of whether they are country, rock, jazz or other genre.

Well...while we're up here:

[youtube]8BOYOJiwepk[/youtube]

Back
Top Bottom