Best Exit?

Massive fatal coronary while having sex, or shall I say coming and going all at the same time.
Hopefully with someone else, although I think this would tend to put a real damper on the relationship...

I wouldn't mind something quick and painless. I've also often thought that I'd like to be in control of my exit.

Burning and drowning on the top two ways I wouldn't want to go.

Moemg, no, I'm about 10 years from that age, but you know us LBYM types. We are always planning ahead.

Marquette, actually, I almost drowned twice. Once I was in a kayak hanging upside down and trying desperately to right myself. After about 40 to 50 seconds of almost getting myself turned and then drinking more water, I thought, "Hm...so this could be the end. OK, that's nice." It was actually more peaceful than I thought it would be. Of course, then I remembered that I could pull the kayak skirt and just swim to the surface. :)

wow, heavy duty topic. but it got me thinking...in a good way, i think. :rolleyes:
i'll choose the "quick and dirty" exit, as most folks would wish for. but with one caveat, and this comes from my own experience firsthand on losing loved ones..."quick and dirty" in my sleep, not from something that will rattle my loved ones (such as cancer, heart attack, severe accident) from the shock.

I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandpa, not screaming in terror like his passengers...

Marquette, actually, I almost drowned twice....I thought, "Hm...so this could be the end. OK, that's nice." It was actually more peaceful than I thought it would be.

i've heard on a few occassions that drowning is a peaceful death but i don't know of anyone who came back to confirm.

I like the Scott Nearing exit his wife Helen wrote about in Loving and Leaving the Good Life. Totally in control and just stopping eating one day, with all my wits about me, at the end of a good life. I can only hope. Barring that, I've got a younger cousin who said she'd drop me off in the woods and if I can find my way back, I'm still viable. ;)

That's not what I'm worried about. My mom died when she was only 46 of a massive brain hemorrhage. It was probably not a bad way to die, but I'm thinking that all this LBYM stuff, I'd like to know roughly when I'm about to croak so that I can live it up and do everything LBeyondMY. I'd go travel, drive a nice sports car instead of my crappy van, and of course, visit Shangri-La every time I want to.

Heck, I've been doing that the last 10 years or so. I have reserved the following sports to learn when I reach 72: sky-diving; and/or scuba diving. If I make a mistake, it's over quick.

Who's that walkin' in these woods?
Why it's Little Red Riding Hood...

Hey, there, Little Red Riding Hood
You sure are lookin' good
You're everything a big, bad wolf could want.

Owwwwwww...

Sam The Sham and The Pharoahs

I mean, baaaahhhh...

i've heard on a few occassions that drowning is a peaceful death but i don't know of anyone who came back to confirm.

Anecdote:
My mother's father almost drowned as a young man; he said the drowning was peaceful, it was the rescuing that was painful.

I know that your post was meant humorously, but---last February, Manuel Antonio Beach, Costa Rica---came about as close as one can, but survive; I confirm.

Anecdote:
My mother's father almost drowned as a young man; he said the drowning was peaceful, it was the rescuing that was painful.

You beat me to it. I had a near death drowning experience when I was young, and ever since I've thought it wouldn't be a bad way to go. Being rescued was very similar to another experience I had after eating a bottle of children's aspirin...stomach pumping. Neither was fun, but I guess better than the alternative. I was a trial to my mom when I was a kid. :duh:

I know that your post was meant humorously, but---last February, Manuel Antonio Beach, Costa Rica---came about as close as one can, but survive; I confirm.

don’t know what sort of suffocation goes on in costa rica, Fainting game - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia or as other posters have suggested Erotic asphyxiation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia perhaps?

pleased you survived and with all due respect for what you extrapolated from your experience, but simply in keeping with my albeit irreverent humor, if by drowning we mean death by suffocation which was the joke, then given at least that the moment of death has yet to be scientifically determined, unless you are jesus, and likely not even then, you might think you’ve come back to confirm but yer gonna have a tough time convincing me.

for even close to death, as far as we currently can be certain, is not death and so does not confirm the experience as to whether or not drowning leads to a peaceful death. for all we still know, it might just lead to a rude awakening.

Back
Top Bottom