Can Do - Things You're Really Good At!

I'm good at fixing stuff, but I'm equally adept at breaking things so that sorta evens out. Maybe that's how I got good at fixing things:confused:?

I can balance a checkbook, an ability that eludes many and accounts (pun intended) for many of the world's woes.

Others have said I could make a good living painting houses in part because I spend more time on surface preparation than the actual painting. But just because I'm good at it doesn't mean I like it.

Photography, when I take the time to think through the shot.

bbbamI...do you make egg gravy? That's yummy, especially when made in bacon grease and ladled over home made biscuits.:D I haven't had that in ages.

I've lost track of what I'm good at.........of course, DW always keeps track of what I'm not good at...........:)

For some reason, all of a sudden I'm starving....:)
Come on over...I'll make room for ya! :)

bbbamI...do you make egg gravy? That's yummy, especially when made in bacon grease and ladled over home made biscuits.:D I haven't had that in ages.
Oh egg gravy...you know I haven't made that in 'blows and stretches'.... I'm gonna have to make it again. Then eat sticks and weeds the rest of the week....:LOL:

I'm really good at researching things to the nth degree.

I'm a pretty good cook - especially thai food.

I'm a really good listener.

I'm a decent dancer.

Non-work things I can do fairly well:

Play trombone
Sing
Golf
General painting
Darts
Pool
Fishing
massages
dance

We sound an awful lot alike, except I don't know how to code software. Also, I figured out how to hook up the hole in the back of the dryer to the thingy in the wall when my husband couldn't, so that makes me good at plumbing :ROFLMAO:

Amethyst

Art
Colors
Computer software
Problem-solving
Thinking outside of the box (rarely appreciated at work)
Simplifying complicated issues (sometimes known as cutting to the chase...)
Cooking, especially baking
Making and repairing things - as long as they don't involve electric or plumbing...
I think I will be good at napping - about 10 weeks to ER so haven't had time to test the theory

We sound an awful lot alike, except I don't know how to code software. Also, I figured out how to hook up the hole in the back of the dryer to the thingy in the wall when my husband couldn't, so that makes me good at plumbing :ROFLMAO:

Amethyst

Well, technically, it's part of the HVAC system, not the plumbing. But glad you figured it out...:D

This thread has been fun to read!

My really can-do list:

Sudoku
Making little kids laugh
Organizing
Target shooting
Making cheesecake
Remembering what I read (this skill doesn't extend to numbers, unfortunately)Hiking (my grown children refuse to go with me anymore because I show no mercy on the trail)

Math
Foreign languages
Singing
Taming cats (there seems to be a team of us on ER.org)
Photography
Painting
Standardized tests
Being friendly

Here's a little cardinal I painted for a friend's mom as a thank-you gift.

Attachments

• Cardinal.jpg
    Cardinal.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 2
I like to take a morning walk, work in the garden, and then go make art. But, I am the quintessential napper.

That is excellent! I love the sky and sun.

Ha

How could I forget? I am truly losing my mind! :facepalm:

I can (could?) pass a huge kidney stone, the same carat size that affluent women typically proudly wear on their fingers. All done with no pain killer, which is for sissies, and it took 2 weeks.

And I even posted a picture of it too (and people say I never posted any photo :rolleyes:).

I'm a pretty good cook, great with the smoker and the BBQ grill. Used to be a good gardener but I have no dirt to play in until I move back to CA.

R

Whoa! That's really mean! What is it that I bring out the worst in women? No less than 3 other women posters, one even a mod, have pulled their guns on me. :nonono:

What have I done? :(

Well, add that one to the list of what I can do: Make women mad! :hide:

PS. Just kidding, like always ;)

Thanks! Me neither. Gosh, what an ordeal! A few more of these and, excuse me, but I would feel, er, all hollowed out.

Thanks! Me neither. Gosh, what an ordeal! A few more of these and, excuse me, but I would feel, er, all hollowed out.
Well, considering that some older men do have to go through such a "hollowing out" procedure - even though the laser version now is apparently less awful - maybe you won't have such a problem in the future.

Audrey

Back
Top Bottom