Car Dealers

I've never heard of these letters but both of our cars are 11 years old with well over 100K miles. Hopefully we can keep them for many more years as we like both of the cars and are now putting very few miles on them. Another benefit of ER!

I've never heard of these letters but both of our cars are 11 years old with well over 100K miles. Hopefully we can keep them for many more years as we like both of the cars and are now putting very few miles on them. Another benefit of ER!

Yeah, it surprised me that once we retired, our miles went way down. I thought we would move around more (even if we don't travel much by car). But, so far, we haven't managed to wear out our 7 year old cars (that are now 17 years old.) YMMV

I get it at the end of my Leases, just another sales tactic. My BMW 328d is 35 months old and has just 16,000 miles, I get them pretty much every week now.

Attachments

• IMG_3859 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_3859 (Medium).JPG
    110.2 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
After working in the automobile industry 24 years, I've had over 125 new cars--mostly company owned. And I've again got the desire for another new car, but am fighting the feeling right now.

I've taken possession of a Civic SI after our daughter couldn't control her keys. (I'm no longer furnishing her an automobile.) I'm considering trading it (with 89K miles) and my 8 year old Lexus IS250 for a new Honda Civic EX.

In ER, we intend to rotate our vehicles in order not to have two vehicles the same basic age. But our Lexus' styling is still so good and the car will go another 8 years driving it no more than we are right now.

With relatively expensive car insurance, license fees, ad valorem taxes, we don't need so many vehicles in our retirement. That's not considering depreciation on new cars.

Transportation decisions are just so difficult. Thankfully, I still know car dealers personally that will "cut me a deal" without high pressure salesman.

Talking about cars, slightly off topic but here goes. My 35 month old BMW's lease is up next month. I looked around at comparable cars and found that cars with a HUD are not easy to find, and those that have them pretty much need to factory ordered. I find a HUD mandatory for me as I have a lot of eye "floaters", and also have had cataract surgery. While I have a more than a little trouble with Close Vision, I have none with my car and general driving, it has a HUD. I cannot get a car without it now. I will be getting a New 330i next month to replace it and yes it has a HUD.

Back
Top Bottom