Car was broken into this morning....

When I lived out in Washington State some a-holes took a crowbar, wedged it between the roofline of my car and the top of the door and pryed the top of the cardoor back until they had enough room to put their arm in and unlock the door from the inside. That was nice.
Way too much work. I used to carry what car burglars call Ninja Rocks. It's amazing what you can learn from a crack head.

YouTube - How to crash the car glass by spark plug

YouTube - destroying of a door glass with a pice of a spark plug

My wife has proven that leaving a purse on the passenger front seat acts as an effective bait. First time car was parked in an alley behind the restaurant she worked at with the doors unlocked, purse gone no damage to vehicle. Second time was in our driveway with doors locked overnight.
Did you guys know if someone picks up a boulder from your landscaping and throws it through the window it won't set off the car alarm like tugging on the door handle would? :(

In my youth I had a Karmann Ghia convertible that I unfortunately had to park on the street. I realized that any idiot with a jack knife could break in, so I never locked it and never left anything of value in it.

Sure enough, one day I found someone had sliced the top and reached in to find an unlocked door. :mad:

I'm pretty sure it was a local kid that walked by the house everyday. Hope he is in jail by now. :whistle:

Hey thefed - I'm sorry to hear that. Maybe you should consider it a good heads up. They probably are just kids, obviously they're not "true" thieves or they'd've taken the credit cards too. But getting away with cash might make them more confident to take more or go further and further, trying to get away with more and more.

Sorry to hear of the intrusion. 10 cameras and two dvrs that ftp offsite and send emails on scene changes. Feel like a cross between Tony Montana and Joe Horn from TX. But hope i don't end up like Roger Barnett (Washington Times - 16 illegals sue Arizona rancher)

This is a great idea - the illegals sue get together and say - "Hey, lets go onto this guys land. When he stops us we accuse him of something and sue him. We then get his land. Once we get the land, we live there and let our friends cross into the USA, maybe set up a little camp ground and make a little money. How many are in?"

When my Jeep got broken in to last year and absolutely NOTHING was taken, not even the $10-$15 in change laying in the cup holder, the police told me the intruders are looking for 2 things: guns and credit card receipts! Never thought about that!

MIke

When my Jeep got broken in to last year and absolutely NOTHING was taken, not even the $10-$15 in change laying in the cup holder, the police told me the intruders are looking for 2 things: guns and credit card receipts! Never thought about that!

MIke

Who leaves a gun in their car? :confused:

Who leaves a gun in their car? :confused:

It's funny that you would mention that. I am part of a neighborhood watch program in my community and about 2 months ago I got an e-mail informing me that a police officer in our community had his personal revolver stolen out of his car sometime in the middle of the night!

Mike

The police around here say that GPS systems are the new car radios for crackheads.

Back
Top Bottom