Carrot Ink

kaneohe

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Previously a number of members here recommended Carrot Ink.
While googling for them, I ran across a number of other sites that
claim to offer discounts for Carrot Ink...........wasn't sure if they were legit so I didn't probe any more than getting the Google search page listing them.

Curious how the Carrot Ink fans order......direct from the carrot ink site......
w/ discount codes? if so , how do you get them? If any of the other sites is legit, how do they (the other sites) make their money? Do you have to order through their (the other sites) site to get the discount?

I haven't used them in awhile (as in about 3 yrs or so) but when I did, I ordered directly from Carrot Ink. No problems with the order and I was satisfied with the quality of the product (ink cartridges for an ink jet printer). I didn't have or use any discount codes.

I buy from where ever I find a deal. I've had 3 canon inkjets in our family since 2004 that all take the cheap BCI-24 cartridges, plus one that my Mom got in 2000 that takes the cheap BCI-21 carts. By cheap, I mean when you buy the 3rd party carts, not OEM.

I sometimes have had to do a print head soak/clean/flush, but my Mom was using the Canon OEM carts and I had to do that too. I started buying the cheap carts for her, and I didn't notice a difference in the clogging frequency.

I've used Supermedia, Inkgrabber, inkjetmadness, Ink&Beyond where ever has them in stock with the best deal with shipping I can find.

After 11 years, looks like my Mom's super cheapo Canon (Bubble jet 2000) is dead, but the others are still in use for 7 years.

-ERD50

I mostly use ink4art, not sure they are better than anyone else on price and quality but they have worked for me. I have a couple Epson printers and they were the only ones who had replacement cartridges for a specific printer I have.

I'm pretty sure it was Carrot Ink that I ordered a few years ago. I would have ordered from their site. No problems at all.

By the way, I do a ton--as much as I can--of ordering straight off the internet. So far I haven't had any problems with scammers, not receiving goods or overcharges ever, no stealing my credit card numbers ever, nothing at all that has been a problem.
Any little problem I have had--and they have been minor and very, very few--has been taken care of pronto by customer service in every company except where I order emu oil at amazon.com. That owner called me personally about what I thought was a missed order. Not missed just delayed, but I was impressed he cared enough to call me himself.
So, I've had great luck in ordering from the internet and, like I said, I have ordered a houseful of furniture, skin care products, shoes (like 14 pair recently during a big sale), clothing, car cleaners, original art, jewelry, etc. etc. and never had any problems with it. Don't be afraid of ordering on the internet with legit companies.

I think it was maybe Trombone Al that was talking about Carrot Ink, and that's what got me started using them. More recently, I bought a laser printer from Dell, after reading how great it was in Consumer Reports. Had it a year now & am very happy with it.

I've been using bulk ink from

double2ink items - Get great deals on ink, cartridge items on eBay Stores!

It works well with my Brother MFC210 garage sale printer. First time can be messy, but I do it in the garage dressed in old clothes. Replace the ink, that is.

I have enough ink and cartridges for many years.

It's not for everyone, but I certainly save a lot, and I don't have to be so stingy with printing.

It's not for everyone, but I certainly save a lot, and I don't have to be so stingy with printing.

Careful - I know that some inkjet printers have some 'features' that will cause them to shutdown after X amount of printing.

Specifically, in the Canons I have, the cleaning cycle ejects some ink onto a 'waste ink pad'. After X times, the firmware decides that these pads are near full, and shuts the printer down. Of course, getting the pads replaced costs 5x more than a new printer. I was successful in reseting the codes and washing out the pads on one of them, but it was tricky and I expected to fail.

I think most newer printers have carts that are 'chipped', and refilling may not be an option.

-ERD50

In part it depends on what you use the printer for. We have two, a Dell color laser, used for general printing, and an HP photo printer. The HP is used exclusively for photos and for that I stick with HP cartridges and photo paper.

The HP ink and paper costs significantly more but the manufacturers have done a lot of research and development on color accuracy and longevity. See Wilhelm Imaging Research for example.

But some things I'm fussy about, and photo color accuracy is one of them. I even bought a Colormunki to calibrate the monitor and printer so the colors that come out of the photo printer are exactly what is on the screen. According to people who study such things, the store-brand photo paper and inks will have little or no difference on the day the print is made. Hang it on a wall exposed to even indirect sunlight and three years later the difference is dramatic.

So as with so many other things ya get what ya pay for.

Back
Top Bottom