Charlton Heston dies at 84

I just read the article and was very impressed to see:

married for 64 years
the family is not releasing a cause of death
having a private service

There is still some class in tinsel town!

Yes.... one of the greatest actors ever..... and a great orator

He will be missed...

Quick, somebody pry the gun out of his cold, dead hands.

When he was younger, Heston was a liberal Democrat who marched with MLK. He became more conservative as he got older.

Charleton Heston was a good thoughtful man, (Who was also successful in his craft).

A few years back, Michael Moore ambushed him at his home, and showed the interview on his movie.

Anyone watching that "interview" that wasn't brain dead, could see that Mr. Heston was showing signs of Alzheimers at the time.

Mr. Moore, in his usual flair, was pleased with himself by showing that he had a NRA supporter stumbling for words.

In fact, it appeared that he honestly felt that he had pitched a perfect 7th. game of the World Series.:)

Regardless of anyones political leanings, credit has to be given to Mr. Heston for being a "lone wolf" (conservative), in a sea of Liberal Hollywood.:)

Re: Mr. Hestons change from Liberal to Conservative, nothing earth shaking there.

"When you are young, if you are not involved in liberal causes, you have no heart. When you are older, if you are not more conservative you have no brains.":) (I'm not responsible for that qoute).

RIP, Moses. (You gave a lot of pleasue to movie buffs, but more importantly you had the courage of your convictions).

Charleton Heston was a good thoughtful man, (Who was also successful in his craft)..........

RIP, Moses. (You gave a lot of pleasue to movie buffs, but more importantly you had the courage of your convictions).

I'll second that motion! :D

Also, it's nice to know that Illinois has turned out many fine, upstanding folks like Mr. Heston......and not just a bunch crooked governors! ;)

Charleton Heston was a good thoughtful man, (Who was also successful in his craft).

"When you are young, if you are not involved in liberal causes, you have no heart. When you are older, if you are not more conservative you have no brains.":) (I'm not responsible for that qoute).

I've seen a very similar quote attributed to Churchill. Many people have opinions and views that change over time(mine have). David Mamet began a recent essay by quoting John Kenneth Galbraith "When the facts change, I change my mind".

I try to not let artist political views get in the way of enjoying their work.

I hope some of the classic movie channels will be playing some of Mr. Hestons movies soon.

As for Charleton Heston marching with MLK back in the '60's, personally I don't believe that to be a "liberal or a conservative" thing but rather a "right and wrong" kind of thing. Also, it is my opinion that if MLK were alive today that he'd be horrified to find more than 70 percent of black kids born out of wedlock with weak family units and to see such a culture of dependence on government 40 years later. I also believe that JFK would also be horrified to see the same thing today, unlike his brother Ted.

Yes, if MLK were alive today I'm sure that Charleton Heston would still be marching with him as both would wonder together what had happened to the movement... actually a movement that not only demanded equal opportunity but also the opportunity to work hard, earn a living, stand by your family, and to create a culture of independence. Yes, 40 something years later we still have a very long way to go and I know that MLK would have felt the same as Charleton Heston did in this decade.

I will indeed miss you Mr. Heston just as I have missed MLK.

Believing in the NRA, I hope they find another spokesman so effective as Heston (I believe in standing up for what I believe it, obviously).

Back
Top Bottom