Chatroulette

bbbamI

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I just heard about this today. Has anyone tried it? What will they think of next? :whistle:

The social Web site, created just three months ago by a 17-year-old Russian named Andrey Ternovskiy, drops you into an unnerving world where you are connected through webcams to a random, fathomless succession of strangers from across the globe. You see them, they see you. You talk to them, they talk to you. Or not. The site, which is gaining thousands of users a day and lately some news coverage, has a faddish feel, but those who study online vagaries see a glimpse into a surreal future, a turn in the direction of the Internet.

The Surreal World of Chatroulette - NYTimes.com

It sounds like such a neat idea. From what the article says, though, it also sounds like the people participating make it less than it could have been. :( So, I don't think I will participate.

Yeah...I agree. Fortunately you can click off of them in a hurry it seems.

... an unnerving world where you are connected through webcams to a random, fathomless succession of strangers from across the globe. You see them, they see you. You talk to them, they talk to you.

...all that is missing here on FIRE is the webcams.;)

Attachments

• fatguy_surfingweb-235x300.jpg
    fatguy_surfingweb-235x300.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 187
be careful what you wish for....:nonono:

OK. You probably don't want to see me although I am nowhere near as bad, even close to the guy in the photo.

The site may appeal to others -- not to me.

N-o-o-o. This would not appeal to me at all. Too intrusive. And right now I'm sitting in raggedy mismatched pajamas and have a heating pad on my shoulder...all that is missing is my curlers but this is only because I haven't had my shower yet. Not a pretty site, but my little dog thinks I'm perfect nonetheless.

You guys are always good for a laugh! I guess that is why I keep coming back. Okay, I admit that I hope to learn something also.

This does sound interesting, but don't think I would do it. I would be afraid that somehow one of those people would show up at my house.

I have as much interest in chatroullete as I would have (if single) in speed dating. A big fat zero.

what a wierd site. i went on...and the first cam was a man leasuring himself...then several foreigners ...then the act of fellatio....then more hands in pants action and i quit!

oh yeah....and a 10 year old talking smack

Oh, you don't like guys with beards? :LOL:
Nah...the beard is fine...I just don't care for "farmer's tan"....:angel:

what a wierd site. i went on...and the first cam was a man leasuring himself...then several foreigners ...then the act of fellatio....then more hands in pants action and i quit!

I knew I could depend on the younger crowd here checking it out. You didn't let me down Fed! :D

Now I wonder which is worse...a 10 year old talking smack or a 50+ year old. Not sayin' anyone here would do something like that. :whistle:

I will take your word for it. I will definitely not be going to that site. Thanks for the heads up.

The site sounds interesting, in a perverse sort of way. Thanks for the link!

looks like 17-1/2 x 35 to me- if the shirt fits, wear it. :D

hey, that's MY shirt size!!! Also, you said your DW is 5'2", so is my DW.............what the heck, are you my twin brother? :LOL:

sooo....i couldnt help but go back...i found a 'report' button for reporting the wierdos immediately...and that helped.

i actually just had a 3 hour conversation with a young french guy. he thinks all americans sit around eating hamburgers and soda all day. i asked him if the french women shave their armpits.

the conversation degraded from there! actually it was a great convo. i might have made a new friend

sooo....i couldnt help but go back...i found a 'report' button for reporting the wierdos immediately...and that helped.

i actually just had a 3 hour conversation with a young french guy. he thinks all americans sit around eating hamburgers and soda all day. i asked him if the french women shave their armpits.

the conversation degraded from there! actually it was a great convo. i might have made a new friend

thefed, there are plenty of misinformed people out of work here on FIRE, you don't have to import them from France...BUY AMERICAN!:LOL:

Back
Top Bottom