Cheney makes twice as much as his boss

What makes you think Cheney is the subordinate? ;)

I think one of the major differences between republicans and democrats is that most republicans I know are happy to hear about somebody doing better than they are.

saluki9 said:
I think one of the major differences between republicans and democrats is that most republicans I know are happy to hear about somebody doing better than they are.

:D :D :D

I agree with that also. Democrats seem to think the successful should be brought down to equalize the playing field. While Republicans want everyone to be brought up.

Some of the richest people in Congress are the dems. You don't here their net worth or income drug through the press like the repubs. There'll be little bits here and there in passing but nothing major.

Cheney gets bashed about Halliburton and he has no say in how the company operates any more than Al Gore had when he was VP. In fact, Halliburton would be far more wary taking suggestions from Cheney because of the past relationship. Chaney does get his deferred comp and other ex-company officer benefits like any ex-officer would. That doesn't mean he has any control over what happens.

The whole relationship cause Halliburton so much pain over the relentless bashing that they spun off the government services business with their engineering services. The new company is probably doomed financially so we'll see who gets tagged for the next generation of emergency government contracts.

One has to wonder why any of these guys would do the job for the quoted salaries.

riskaverse said:
One has to wonder why any of these guys would do the job for the quoted salaries.

They do it for the power and, possibly, for an ideology. That has always worried me.

Back
Top Bottom