Children: You did or did not have them poll?

Do you or do you not have children? Poll

• Never wanted kids, have no kids

Votes: 59 37.8%
  • Never wanted kids, but, surprise! had kids

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Wanted kids and had one

Votes: 23 14.7%
  • Wanted kids and had two

Votes: 48 30.8%
  • Wanted kids and had three

Votes: 15 9.6%
  • Wanted kids..but had too many (over 3)!

Votes: 4 2.6%
  • No kids of my own but mate did have young (-18) kids

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • No kids of my own and mate's kids are out of the house

Votes: 4 2.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Be careful there's a baby in the house.
And a baby will play for real.
If your "I love you" is an IOU
Don't expect to get a good deal.

Be careful, there's a baby in the house.
And a baby can spot your schtick.
All the cootchie cootchie coo
Is a lot of poo-poo
When you lay it on that thick..."

LW III

I dunno about all babies being cute. Shhhhh, just between us, I think at first a lot of babies look like tomatoes with eyes. Then they get cute. :)

I dunno about all babies being cute. Shhhhh, just between us, I think at first a lot of babies look like tomatoes with eyes. Then they get cute. :)

But, they are just the most ADORABLE little tomatoes with eyes! :D

Okay here is my tomato and Khan you know he's cute !

Attachments

• doll stands 180.jpg
    doll stands 180.jpg
    388.4 KB · Views: 9
I'll vote for a suprise. Wife and I were 39/40, decided to give it a shot. I never really wanted kids. Not sure if that is true exactly, I think it was fear of the unknown. We both figured we better try since we were getting old...

Have a 2 year old daughter now. The whole experience has to be the one of the most joyful things I've ever done.

I'm just a late bloomer. Wife wants another, but I really think she is too old (read: high risk).

It certainly focused my life, made me much happier, and keeps me busy!

Moe...thanks for posting that pic. He jumped from the tomato stage to handsome!

Why is it that so many people (especially women) just love babies? But when was the last time that you heard someone say that they just love teen-agers?

BTW this post is not a slam against teens. I recall very well how miserable life can be at that age, but people don't seem to realize that today's cute baby is tomorrow's adolescent.

Why is it that so many people (especially women) just love babies? But when was the last time that you heard someone say that they just love teen-agers?

BTW this post is not a slam against teens. I recall very well how miserable life can be at that age, but people don't seem to realize that today's cute baby is tomorrow's adolescent.

I'd have to assume it's some sort of biological imperitive to ensure the survival of the species. A baby would never have been able to fend for themselves in the wild whereas, if they weren't too Emo, a teen would.

In other words, from an evolutionary standpoint, you just can't help yourself.

Am I the only one who does not think babies are cute?

No, you are not the only one. People try to make me hold their babies. I used to pick up the dog every time I went into my sister's house so that no one would hand me a baby. It became a family joke.

Puppies, kittens, baby possums, etc are all very cute. Babies are noisy little smelly things. But the smell of puppy breath, soft against your face, why that is the very best thing in the world.

No, you are not the only one. People try to make me hold their babies. I used to pick up the dog every time I went into my sister's house so that no one would hand me a baby. It became a family joke.

Puppies, kittens, baby possums, etc are all very cute. Babies are noisy little smelly things. But the smell of puppy breath, soft against your face, why that is the very best thing in the world.

Just remember, YOU are quite lucky your MOTHER didn't feel the same way you do.........:D

Noisy, smelly, and major germ vectors.

uh oh, Khan. i just checked the NOAA radar web site and I see squadrons of rotten tomatoes honing in on your location. better duck! :D

but you can easily dodge them by saying you were referring to puppies as "germ vectors"

Sarah, assuming your mom did feel the same way towards babies as you do, did she feel that way before you were born, or just after? ;)

sarah
you should have been with me sunday. i was at a garden show, smelling all the hyacinths, daffs, and tupils on display. when i hit the ladies' room, i was ATTACKED by the aroma of baby sh*t (changing in progress). i set a record in the "get 'er done" and escape act out the door.
i ran right up to an unsuspecting hyacinth and refreshed the nostils. talk about olfactory whiplash. :)

Oh, after, for sure! And Dad had hair when I was born! Good thing I was the third! ;)
I'm going to lunch today with a friend who always brings the kid with, and I'm going to have to make all the right noises about cute, smart, etc. Wish me luck!

That is some kind of rank smell--good thing you were at a FLOWER SHOW, freebird! :)

sarah
you should have been with me sunday. i was at a garden show, smelling all the hyacinths, daffs, and tupils on display. when i hit the ladies' room, i was ATTACKED by the aroma of baby sh*t (changing in progress). i set a record in the "get 'er done" and escape act out the door.
i ran right up to an unsuspecting hyacinth and refreshed the nostils. talk about olfactory whiplash. :)

Freebird, I just wrote a senryū about a similar topic yesterday. You can easily adapt it for your needs.

olfactory assault
Co-worker most unpleasant
Need better face mask

FD, who says she didn't? ;) I had to get this warm personality from someone, right?

I'll withhold judgement until I come to Charleston next year, and you recoil in horror from my children..........:D:D:D

What I meant was if you mother hated kids, she wouldn't have had you,and there would be no "warm fuzzy Sarah" to deal with on here..........:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom