Chinese lady who FIRED at 74

Freebird, tsk, tsk, at first I was going to argue semantics with you but have to admit the expression FIREed fits a 107 y.o. women who left the workforce at 74.

"I'm already 107 and I still haven't got married," the Chongqing Commercial Times quoted her saying. "What will happen if I don't hurry up and find a husband?"

I love this - "hurry" being a relative term.

Freebird, tsk, tsk, at first I was going to argue semantics with you but have to admit the expression FIREed fits a 107 y.o. women who left the workforce at 74.
It was a little goosey on the FI
but she definitely has the RE part. 74 is much younger than 107. :cool:

She wants a 100+ year old husband? Heck, she should get her a young thang, maybe around 85 or so.....:cool:

She wants a 100+ year old husband? Heck, she should get her a young thang, maybe around 85 or so.....:cool:

Maybe she should play the field, and become the oldest cougar ever..............:D

She is a woman...hear her roarrrrrrr.......;)

How does she think she's going to find a hubby over 100 that has his mental AND physical abilities intact?

Maybe one of those Shaolin master karate guys whose been meditating in the mountains for 50 years...........:D

How does she think she's going to find a hubby over 100 that has his mental AND physical abilities intact?

Maybe one of those Shaolin master karate guys whose been meditating in the mountains for 50 years...........:D
Well, that might work. But, she said she was looking for someone to talk to...she didn't mention physical abilities. Besides, she's been single for 107 years...my guess is she's done ok for herself......;)

It really looks like she needs someone to take care of her and her options are running out.

What guarantees that she would not have to take care of her husband-to-be, instead of the other way around? Remember that men of her generation tend to be spoiled male chauvinists, the reason she never got married in the first place. Still, a heck of an interesting story! Stranger than fiction.

Back
Top Bottom