Christmas Present

My lionel train set that my dad bought me when I was 1 or 2. Here it is in 1957 with me and my grandfather, and another photo from today. It still runs.

Attachments

• lionel1957.jpg
    lionel1957.jpg
    619.5 KB · Views: 21
  • Lionel.jpg
    Lionel.jpg
    388.2 KB · Views: 18
My lionel train set that my dad bought me when I was 1 or 2. Here it is in 1957 with me and my grandfather, and another photo from today. It still runs.

Wow, what a great toy and great memories. Are you still that cute?

I asked DH what his best Christmas gift was. He said a one speed bicycle. It was used ($15.00) and he had to pay for half of it. I'm sure it was a struggle for his preacher dad to come up with his $7.50.

I loved receiving a Vacuum Form. You could heat little sheets of plastic and create little plastic forms of whatever you placed on the surface of the machine. Once the plastic was soft and gooey, you quickly slung it on top of the item and pumped an air handle, which cooled the plastic. It was not perfect, and I ruined numerous matchbox cars trying to create plastic replicas, but when it worked, it was great. (Smelled terrible during use)

Nope. You could shoot your eye out!

I got a CO2 powered bb pistol for Christmas about age 9. Didn't shoot my eye out, but I'll carry a bb in my leg for the remainder of my life. Pockets do NOT make good holsters, in case you ever wondered.

Johnny Reb cannons. Made for great bedroom wars with my brother. Also a lot of red welts!

My closest cousin was one of 4 boys. He said their main activity was trying to kill each other.

Amethyst

Johnny Reb cannons. Made for great bedroom wars with my brother. Also a lot of red welts!

My sisters and I had mercury too, and Dad added a kit that used molten lead to make fishing sinkers and toys with. Neat stuff!

Then I got a pump rifle that shot round corks about 5/16" in diameter. My younger sisters hated that gun as I used them for target practice.

Anybody know the maker of that cork rifle:confused:?

I had a Daisy pump air gun that shot corks. One day a future gunsmith kid gave me a replacement screw in end for the barrel that shot real BB's. It was all down hill from there.

My closest cousin was one of 4 boys. He said their main activity was trying to kill each other.

Amethyst

LOL. There is a lot of truth in that statement. I had 3 brothers and we fought and did many crazy things. My mom asked us many times if we were trying to kill each other. We just thought we were having fun. Me and my brothers laugh about a lot of those times now.

Bicycle - 2 of them for 3 kids

Record Player of my own

Back
Top Bottom