Computer help needed

Billy,
I'm going to download it tonight but it looks like Internet Explorer is the culprit.

I may just go with buying the small XPS 1210 from Dell so I can travel light in September.

Thanks for the link, are you guys going back to Thailand soon?

OAP,
I am sure that there are shared files with IE and office. But believe me, I am no expert. If the download works that's an easy fix.

You know..everywhere we go people ask us "when are you leaving?" Sort of makes me wonder...hummm

It's a bit of a longshot but I was thinking about going to Phuket in August to surf. I figure a couple of months there would get it out of my system. Plus a friend there owes me a beer from the basketball series and that wold be a good reason to collect.

It's almost July, and we've been in the States 5 weeks..it's time to start thinking about traveling..Akaisha saw me looking at the world map a couple of nights ago....something about the way she looked at me told me to quietly fold it and what till she went to bed..:)

Are you planning a trip there?

Billy

Billy said:
Akaisha saw me looking at the world map a couple of nights ago....something about the way she looked at me told me to quietly fold it and what till she went to bed..:)
Maybe you need to fire up a broadband cable connection and download Google Earth...

Nords,
If I can pull off this August trip to Phuket, I was hoping you could join me/us for some surfing lessons.

Billy
RetireEarlyLifestyle.com

Really hosed now. Tried removing the ATI external TV Tuner software (recently installed) and for a while the screen would only display 5 inch square. I changed resolution and got about 3/4 of my dsplay area back.

Driver is gone. It's using some default Windows driver.

Nothing I do will get the driver back, download from ATI, used ATI driver disk. The machine will not find the driver for some reason. Running the driver .exe fails.

GRRRRRRRR :mad:

OldAgePensioner said:
Really hosed now. Tried removing the ATI external TV Tuner software (recently installed) and for a while the screen would only display 5 inch square. I changed resolution and got about 3/4 of my dsplay area back.

Driver is gone. It's using some default Windows driver.

Nothing I do will get the driver back, download from ATI, used ATI driver disk. The machine will not find the driver for some reason. Running the driver .exe fails.

GRRRRRRRR :mad:

OAP - Forget the compter, go outside and enjoy the gorgeous San Francisco day!! :D

cube_rat,
just got it fixed. Google is great turns out this model has a quick and I just needed a couple of Sony patches. :D

Now I'm going out and perve the streets of SF. All the teenage tourist girls.

Billy said:
If I can pull off this August trip to Phuket, I was hoping you could join me/us for some surfing lessons.
We can work with this-- sounds tempting! The kid will be in school but I have spouse clearance for independent ops...

Is there anything else to do around Kata Beach for the other one or two hours of sunlight when we're not surfing? Just kidding.

Ya know, I've been through Bangkok's March-May weather. What's Phuket like in August? Is Arizona not hot enough for you guys this time of year?

You're also welcome to come back to these islands...

Nords,
OK, like I said, it's a  bit of a long shot. It could be fun, but then again when was Thailand NOT a lot of fun...:)

Unless you want to head up the coast 20 min to Patong there's not much going on in Kata...which is fine for us.

As far as the weather....hot, humid, and hotter...but the water is perfect!

Thanks for the invite. I have never been to Hawaii. We have a friend on Maui, building a house and if he ever gets my room finished :) I will be there.
He's been working on his house for over a year, and the permits etc. are sucking him dry. He figures it's going to cost him twice what he originally planned and he has yet to break gound!

Billy
www.RetireEarlyLifestyle.com

Billy said:
Thanks for the invite. I have never been to Hawaii. We have a friend on Maui, building a house and if he ever gets my room finished :) I will be there.
He's been working on his house for over a year, and the permits etc. are sucking him dry. He figures it's going to cost him twice what he originally planned and he has yet to break ground!
I feel his pain.

OTOH the place will probably appraise at three or four times what he's paying for it...

Billy said:
No doubt once it's finished it will be worth big bucks. btw. What is the % rate you pay in property taxes there?
That's a county tax so I'm not sure what it is for Maui.

On Oahu for 2006 it's 3.75 mils of the amount remaining after reducing the assessment by the $40K homeowner's deduction.

JB, what are you paying over there?

Has this thread been hijacked?

Is Home Land Security of this hijacking? Someone please call, NSA.

Nords said:
That's a county tax so I'm not sure what it is for Maui.

On Oahu for 2006 it's 3.75 mils of the amount remaining after reducing the assessment by the $40K homeowner's deduction.

JB, what are you paying over there?

Property taxes are inexpensive on maui -- around 4.50-5.00/1000 plus a generous deduction.

Back
Top Bottom