Grateful for my neighbors

JoeWras

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I am the luckiest guy in the real estate world. My neighbor brought me to tears today, in appreciation for what other neighbors would file a lawsuit.

I communicate regularly with this neighbor and I asked if it would be OK if I cut some shrubs and nasty thorns that are on our property line. I would also go perhaps 10 to 15 ft on his side? He said: "OK," but I wasn't sure...

I wasn't sure if he'd be happy. I pursued the project over the last few weeks. It was actually a lot of work. I don't mind, I'm retired, he and his wife are about 40 and have a young child and are busy.

I finished it today and they happened to come by, all three of them. They were so happy, even their young child. I literally cried in joy at their appreciation. They could not stop saying how great it was.

People: There is so much angst in this world. So many neighbors sniping at each other. To me, this was a huge thing.

On top of it, the neighbor on the other side asked if he could cut shrubs he planted to hide his trash cans. I hate those shrubs. He thought I liked them. We agreed that he can cut the daylights out of them until the native, very slow growing shrubs grow on my side take over. It is about a 5 year project. We're both OK with this.

This just doesn't happen. People are so pissed off at each other. I fell on my knees in appreciation for both of my side-by-side neighbors tonight. I am so blessed to have them. The world changes, they may move, but I'll soak it up for now. Thank you, thank you, thank you for my great neighbors.

How wonderful Joe! I'm glad it worked out so well for you.

Yes.. a great thing...

Our good neighbor on one side of our house just moved... last load yesterday and she came by to say goodbye... hope we get a good one..

The other side we have been cordial with for years... our daughter and their daughter used to do things together but grew in different directions.. but she works a long way from here and I think living in her BFs house... but her youngest is still here for last year of HS... I bet they will be selling when he graduates... maybe sooner as they do not seem to be home much lately...

My DW just noticed that the guy across the street seems to be gone most of the time now.. used to have 5 or more cars there all the time... now only one... I do see him come by every once in awhile but do not know where he is now...

Always hoping for the best..

Very nice!

We got a new next door neighbor today. Old neighbor moved in with his daughter after 25 years next door.

Your post is giving him me the idea to go next door, introduce myself, and offer whatever I can to help them settle in.

Yeah, I just had to express a little joy. I'm not so happy about my neighbor across the street.

Maybe on a different date, I'll unload about that.

Meanwhile, feel free to share good or bad... It isn't all rosey.

Nice story to hear. We to have been blessed with great neighbors most of our lives.

I text message with my neighbor all the time. She lets us know when they will be away, and I do the same. We collect each other's mail. They were away during a big snow and we ran out of gas in our snow thrower. I texted her and asked if they had any gas stored in the garage, and they did. She gave me the code to her garage and we finished our driveway, and proceeded to do theirs and their sidewalk as well. It makes the house appear as if someone is there. Last year she asked if she could pull the weeds coming through their side of our shared fence, and I said be my guess. This year she texted me to apologize for their dog barking. Apparently the dog thinks they are drowning when they go swimming. Generally their dog is quiet. I found it comical.

A neighbor across the street who was here before we moved here 24 years ago. Has been retired for a few years and his main hobby is keeping his yard immaculate. He is an inspiration. Very nice family-our kids went to school together.

Great news! Here at our mountain community it's not uncommon if you need help for neighbors to come over to help. Yesterday we helped a neighbor set up their 250 gallon fuel tank. Took a couple hours, no one got hurt, and we enjoyed a great visit. That is why we like it so much here. Good neighbors are a blessing!

I am so happy to hear other people have good relationships with their neighbors. I don't socialize with mine. But we get along so well. So thankful.

Sometimes I read too much junk on the internet. It is incredible how many people have neighbor issues. On a personal note, my sister moved because of her neighbor. So sad.

We’ve had the same neighbors on both sides and across the street for 22 years, and they’ve all been great. We’re truly blessed with good neighbors.

How nice for you! Great to have neighbors on good terms.

Back
Top Bottom