Curious about Monikers

Raised and educated four kids; hence I am poor and a boy at heart.

Poboy, short for poor ol boy.

Simple: i'm cute and fuzzy and my sons nickname is "bunny". He was referred to as "the bun" by my wife for many months before we picked a name, and it stuck.

No really....cute AND fuzzy....

SecondCor521 said:
I think mine is pretty obvious, but it is a reference to the second letter of Paul to the church at Corinth, chapter five, verse 21:

Not obvious at all! Not being a bible reader myself, I had wondered whether you had had your second coronary on May 21st........ :-\

John Tuttle said:
Captain John Tuttle from MASH (TV version). Fictional hero invented by Hawkeye and Trapper John

Extra credit for his religion, his medical school and how he met his end. (Without Googling of course).

Reform Druid
Berlinish Polytechnic
I think he was playing Santa CLaus (that might be from another episode)

Brat said:
Mine is the Anglicized first syllable of my Norwegian maiden name.

Who knew? All along I had the image that you were a brat....... :LOL:

A name I originally used playing MMORPGs. It's based on my name, Kirk, and a (possibly imaginary) tendency to think differently.

I have always loved daydreaming, so I am the Dreamer. It started in childhood. We were extremely poor and did not have a TV. The first books that I can remember getting out of the public library were Raggedy Ann and Andy books and then the Bobbsey Twins and Nancy Drew. I loved reading the books and then daydreaming about what it would be like to have their lives. I still love reading and now I love to dream about traveling to exotic places!

Dreamer said:
I have always loved daydreaming, so I am the Dreamer. It started in childhood. We were extremely poor and did not have a TV. The first books that I can remember getting out of the public library were Raggedy Ann and Andy books and then the Bobbsey Twins and Nancy Drew. I loved reading the books and then daydreaming about what it would be like to have their lives. I still love reading and now I love to dream about traveling to exotic places!

What a lovely story! Dream on! :)

donheff said:
Is Meadbh the red headed Irish warrior queen with a ravenous sexual appetite?

Yup, that would be me she! :eek:

Meadbh said:
Who knew? All along I had the image that you were a brat....... :LOL:

I love the image :D Unfortuneately in college I was a geek. As my then 90 year old Grandmother once said, in effect, "I behaved myself when it was important, now I can do as I damn please!" And she did.

Maybe now is the time to live up to my nick name.

Brat said:
I love the image :D Unfortuneately in college I was a geek. As my then 90 year old Grandmother once said, in effect, "I behaved myself when it was important, now I can do as I damn please!" And she did.

Maybe now is the time to live up to my nick name.

Hint: Grandma was right! :D

lazygood4nothinbum said:
if you want the truth it is because my ol'man once said to me in my rebellious adolescence, "the only way you'll ever have money is if you stub your toe on a treasure chest in the sand, you lazy good for nothing bum."

That's what I assumed. Well, you proved him wrong! ;)

The, shall I say "older" folks probably have it figured out.

For the "yougins", the hint is.....an old song.

Linkerbink is a nonsense word my younger (now 47 years old!) sister made up when she was about 3 or 4 years old. Our family has a lot of made-up words, and I just happen to like this one the best. She was flattered when I told her that I often use it as a screen name!

Have Gun, Will Travel

Attachments

• paladin.jpg
    paladin.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 14
  • paladin.jpg_thumb
    27.7 KB · Views: 1
I worked in a technical call center in younger years and there were 5 other women named Connie. Since the guys teased me so much (I had a good sense of humor, blonde hair and big bazooms) they nicknamed me Crazy Connie. That was the most delicate of the names!!! :eek: (Back when there were mostly men & women jobs, you know 30 years ago!!!) It worked fine for me then and I attach Sunshine Land for Arizona which is where I live.

Not very imaginative I'm afraid. retired is what I want to be. and bop is the Federal Bureau of Prisons.

I had a brain gap on the way home the other night and thought that maybe after I finally get out of here I might change it to something about being "on the lam" or "fugitive" or some such.

PS - My Airedale is named Boru, for Brian.

CC is my initials.

CE is for Civil Engineer.

Not very imaginative, ay? Most of my friends use obscenities as my nick name.

-CC

Back
Top Bottom