DD Wants Car Buying Advice

Don't know the credit situation with your daughter, but making a car payment is the best way to establish credit (other than a mortgage). Then is your making a car payment, might as well go a little higher and get a new car. Low priced fuel efficient. I'm telling you all, gas prices are not going to stay this low.

Did any of you read the OP's question?

It was (paraphrased) "buy what for $3K, or other advice?".

No, that wasn't the question.
I won't paraphrase, I'll quote directly from the OP:

She's trying to decide what car to get. Used for around 3K or take a loan and get a better car.

So, the universe of acceptable answers clearly includes spending more than $3,000.
Almost every post here has been responsive to the OP.

The reason why I love the Subaru is because of all-wheel drive. It's fantastic in the winter; that's why almost every other car you see on the road in Colorado is a Subaru. Also, I hardly ever have repairs.

The reason why I love the Subaru is because of all-wheel drive. It's fantastic in the winter; that's why almost every other car you see on the road in Colorado is a Subaru. Also, I hardly ever have repairs.

Ditto this. Compred to my last car, an Acura, it is ugly. But excellent anyway.

Ha

Can find used Buicks for around 3k. The usually are reasonably prudently driven (mostly older folk buy them) parts are no problem, good safety record. 4k will get her supercharged Park Avenue model for that need for acceleration.:D They are real sleepers.

She might not like the image it it projects, but for 3k it shows some class.

Thanks again for the help. Here's the car she bought (the red one):

img_817728_0_31458af2dfde43a65a8432a9eda3f543.jpg

Note that I didn't suggest she look at Echos.

2001, 78,000 miles, $4,100. Automatic, cruise control. You can read about it in the blog.

www.CarBikeTrip.BlogSpot.com

Back
Top Bottom