Did anything significant happen in year 27 of your life?

97guns

Full time employment: Posting here.
I was watching some murder mystery and they mentioned that year 27 has some kind of meaning in astrology, googled it and it’s something about Saturn re aligning up garble. Had me wondering because it turned out to be the changing year of my life, prior to that I did nothing but party and had no direction in life. I don’t know how or why but at 27 I got my first taste of corporate America and from then on the only direction I saw was to move forward, that taste made me greedy, I wanted better pay, better positions and better jobs/companies. Just wondering if that astrological junk has any merit with your life?

Nope, nothing at 27.

I did get married when I was 28. Although I was almost 29 and not "just off" 27.

I made a marriage proposal to a young lady at age 27. Unfortunately for both of us she accepted and we were married the following spring and divorced five years later.

I was born on the 27th. First married when I was 27.

My 27th year would begin the day I turned 26 and end the day I turned 27, right?

In that year, my mom pointed me toward Fidelity Investments, and I began investing much of my after-tax savings with them. I began with a triple-tax-free muni bond fund.

I had bought my co-op apartment 3 weeks before I turned 26, the beginning of home ownership. I still live here, 29 years later. It was a good move, financially, because after I paid off the mortgage in 1998 my monthly expenses dropped a lot and set the stage for semi-retiring in 2001 and fully retiring in 2008.

Jim Morrison, Janis Joplin, Jimmy Hendricks, Amy Winehouse and Kurt Cobain were all 27 when they died. Known as the "27 Club"

If they could I suspect they'd vote 'yes'.

Last edited:
In my 27th year I stepped into the big time. Pay, responsibility and expectations. Never looked back from there.

I got my DD-214.

I started a career change. Turned 27 on Friday and started Megacorp on Monday. Pretty good decision to get out of lumber and into IT.

I moved to Europe for a few years. Got out of the ol' USA. Travelled quite a bit from my base in Europe.

For about two decades after, I always felt like I was still 27. That was my brain age. It is also when I got married and bought my first real house (had a trailer before that) with a 10% mortgage! So I guess in my mind I was an adult.

Then, two decades later, age-related crap started kicking in. For example, people start to need reading glasses the day they turn 45. I know I did.

When I was 27 I defended my PhD thesis, moved across the country for a postdoc stint, and met the guy I would marry a couple of years later.

I lost several good people, including my step-father and my oldest army buddy, who took her own life.

I was doing well for myself, but it seemed like every other month I’d get notice of another tragedy. Made for a tough year.

Learned what a mortgage backed security was about. ( I know reaching here...)

Heck, I cannot remember that far back...

But I am sure SOMETHING important happened... :LOL:

Edit to add... Man, I thought I had one.... but I was 28 when I bought my first house...

Last edited:
The year I was 27 was the year I accepted a job to make my secondment to the USA a permanent move. Applied for Green Cards for the family which arrived the following year. Citizenship 6 years later so definitely a significant year.

Very significant ! Got married that June to the woman I’m still with three+ decades later and in the autumn joined the company I had 25 mostly great years with. Pretty defining year.

My twin daughters were born when I was 27. That was one of the greatest things in my life.
Do I credit astrology for having anything to do with it.....NO

I made a marriage proposal to a young lady at age 27. Unfortunately for both of us she accepted and we were married the following spring and divorced five years later.

Me too!! My marriage only lasted 4 years...but it seemed like 27!! :LOL:

It's a blur but have to say no. My understanding is that from an astrological point of view the stars look at the individual so what might have been a special day/month/year for you wouldn't be so for others. I think atomic clocks and computers have really had an impact on the precision of astrological predictions. ;)

Back
Top Bottom