Did you get a counteroffer when quitting? What did you do?

Congrats Brewer! Great to see you are entering firedom. Sometimes leaving a job can be more stressful than staying working. All of the drama as to what others will say, how the bosses will try to keep you, etc can be a nightmare

Guess we won't be seeing him for a while.

Rumors of my demise...etc.

I was out getting some R&R in the sunshine in the company of a rabbit, 4 squirrels and a dove who all accepted my 20 gauge invitation to dinner.

I was out getting some R&R in the sunshine in the company of a rabbit, 4 squirrels and a dove who all accepted my 20 gauge invitation to dinner.
You could write a cookbook. :). Congratulations on your ER.

Congratulations, Brewer! May you have a great nap under that tree.

(This response comes late in the discussion.........just my two cents worth.)

Didn't get a counteroffer for the job I had then; but they did ask me to come back and mentor new teachers, for the state's Resident Educator program (by which new teachers earn full licensure).

It's a delightful part-time gig (25 days a year), and I make my own schedule. (Not enough days to interfere with that good ER freedom.)

Then again, maybe I'm wrong about "no counteroffer." Just before Christmas, the current English Dept. chair asked if I wanted my old job back. I said, "Sure, if you find somebody to grade all the papers."

He said, "No, not that one. I mean the one where everybody hates you."
(ie., being Dept. Chair)

I just smiled.

Last edited:
Way to go Brewer. Congratulations. Enjoy.

Sent from my AT100 using Early Retirement Forum mobile app

Rumors of my demise...etc.

Congratulations Brewer! My kind of day......
Now, break out the black iron pot and cut the onions!

It's nice to go into ER on your own terms.

Looking forward to another 14k+ posts on your ER journey.

Back
Top Bottom