Do you have a trophy wife?

LOL!

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Today my daughter was mistaken for my wife. Now, I have a trophy wife (we've been married almost 25 years and she's a year older than me) but my 15-year-old has never been mistaken for my wife before. She was not amused.

Have you any age mis-match anecdotes?

This thread is useless without pictures. :)

I mistook my wife for a hat once. And then somebody wrote a book about me.

link

Was that you I read about? Quite amusing collection of stories, that!

And yes I have a trophy wife also. Still has her brains and looks and figure at 44 after almost 22 years!

My DH used to.
She does still have her brains...... I think.

I wonder how many men would seriously claim to have a "trophy wife"?

I wonder how many women would seriously declare themselves to be a "trophy wife".

:confused:

sgeeeee said:
I wonder how many men would seriously claim to have a "trophy wife"?

Shouldn't say this since it isn't politically correct, but their trophy wives *could* be special olympics trophies....

I'm not a trophy wife but because dh has been gray since he was 18 he's always looked older. Many times when I was in my 30's I was mistaken for his daughter, there were always the raised eyebrows when the mistake was corrected. Doesn't happen so much any more :(

I'm not to concerned whether I have a trohpy wife or not, I'm just happy that she's still with me after over 20 years.

- Started dating 42 years ago...
- Married 38 years ago...
- Both will ER this year...

The answer is "yes!!!"

- Ron

My Dream said:
I'm not to concerned whether I have a trohpy wife or not, I'm just happy that she's still with me after over 20 years.

I hope that your wife reads this. What a sweet thing to say!

Outtahere said:
I'm not a trophy wife but because dh has been gray since he was 18 he's always looked older. Many times when I was in my 30's I was mistaken for his daughter, there were always the raised eyebrows when the mistake was corrected. Doesn't happen so much any more :(

I love the new avatar. Wish I would have thought of it!

sgeeeee said:
I wonder how many women would seriously declare themselves to be a "trophy wife".
Heck, I'll say it-- I'm a trophy husband!

Nords said:
Heck, I'll say it-- I'm a trophy husband!
That's a little different than what I asked. But let's count it.

. . . That's 1. :)

In the spirit of the original post:

I've always looked young for my age. I'm also short (5'3"). Years ago, I was dating a woman who was not only 7 years older, but also 5'9" and loved to wear heels.

So we're on a romantic getaway weekend when a shop owner looks at her and says that she has a cute little brother. At that point, I lean up and kiss her on the lips and say, "You're the best, Sis!"

The shop owner looked mortified. It was classic! :D

Peaceful_Warrior said:
In the spirit of the original post:

I've always looked young for my age. I'm also short (5'3"). Years ago, I was dating a woman who was not only 7 years older, but also 5'9" and loved to wear heels.

So we're on a romantic getaway weekend when a shop owner looks at her and says that she has a cute little brother. At that point, I lean up and kiss her on the lips and say, "You're the best, Sis!"

The shop owner looked mortified. It was classic! :D

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Maybe he thought you guys lived in one of those states where you can marry family........... ;)

We were in California at the time, and neither of us have accents. :)

FinanceDude said:

Maybe he thought you guys lived in one of those states where you can marry family........... ;)

FinanceDude said:

Family values are important. My dad is from WV. He is the black sheep of his family since he graduated from High School and didn't meet my Mom at a family reunion.

bssc said:
Family values are important. My dad is from WV. He is the black sheep of his family since he graduated from High School and didn't meet my Mom at a family reunion.
In 1984 I signed a leave chit for one of my 17-year-old sailors from the other Charleston (the one in SC).

He was taking his wife to her junior prom and he expected to be staying up late so he wanted the next day off.

They also got a babysitter...

Despite their ages he was one of the boat's best sailors, and they did a better job together than many of the 20- and 30-somethings.

Actually, my father finally confessed that he ran away from home at 16 to join the Army so he could go to college and get the GI bill. He always told us that he waiting until he graduated from high school to join. I think that was for my sister's benefit. He did well, retiring as a Senior Foreign Service officer.

Re: Do you have a trophy wife?

No, but she has a trophy husband and I think she plans to have me stuffed and mounted after I expire. :LOL:

frayne said:
No, but she has a trophy husband and I think she plans to have me stuffed and mounted after I expire. :LOL:

my wife isn't going to wait until I expire, at least for the mounting part.... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

LOL! said:
Today my daughter was mistaken for my wife. Now, I have a trophy wife (we've been married almost 25 years and she's a year older than me) but my 15-year-old has never been mistaken for my wife before. She was not amused.

Have you any age mis-match anecdotes?

LOL! - Maybe you can refer your daughter to dOug's post in the DR; she might not feel so bad then. ;)

Regarding mis-match anecdotes: When my sister and I went on a vacation to Italy in 1995, a few people thought my sister was my mother; she did not like that at all. Last year, I was at the shopping mall with my friend who is 1 year younger than me - the sales clerk said to my friend something to the effect, "Oh, your daughter might like some of these (jewelry) pieces over here." My friend was not amused. It's not that my sister or friend look old, I just look kinda young for my age. Oh, and I am not a "trophy" anything. :D

Back
Top Bottom