Do you have a Wikipedia page about you?

No wiki page, but I expect to have my name and address in he paper soon for the weapons I have registered..:cool:

Not yet.

I don't have, nor do I want, a wikapedia page. But I did look at Google and found there was too much information on me including the books I'd co-authored--and web pages where to purchase--and a lot of unimportant biographical information. And I'm not happy about it. Like TIGGER, I want to be "not notable". My life then and my life now are totally different.
Prof12

Nope. And this thread reminds me...I was reading a novel yesterday and there was a reference to an encyclopedia. The sentence went on to say that an encyclopedia is like Wikipedia only in a bound book form with paper pages.

I felt incredibly old!

I don't have, nor do I want, a wikapedia page. But I did look at Google and found there was too much information on me including the books I'd co-authored--and web pages where to purchase--and a lot of unimportant biographical information. And I'm not happy about it. Like TIGGER, I want to be "not notable". My life then and my life now are totally different.
Prof12

+1
A Google search of my name came up with 397 hits. :bow:

Of course I do........

"Silver is a very ductile, malleable (slightly harder than gold), monovalent metal, with a brilliant white metallic luster that can take a high degree of polish."

Describes me perfectly.

Silver - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:
Great idea!

Need to write one so I can become everything I want to be.
'Cause EVERYTHING on the internet is TRUE ;)

I once googled my name, and found references to my proudest technical paper that I wrote on an obscure topic. So, I was glad that there were some people out there working the same problem, and found my work useful.

But I also found a guy with the same name being called "Public Enemy #1" by a state police, and they were pursuing him. Yikes! This was a few years ago, and I surely hope that they have caught him. What's the chance of me being stopped for a minor traffic violation while traveling through that state, and they mistake me for this guy?

The sentence went on to say that an encyclopedia is like Wikipedia only in a bound book form with paper pages.

On The Late Late Show, Craig Ferguson when referring to a publication often tells his audiences that books (or newspapers) are blog-like papery things.

I once googled my name, and found references to my proudest technical paper that I wrote on an obscure topic. So, I was glad that there were some people out there working the same problem, and found my work useful.

But I also found a guy with the same name being called "Public Enemy #1" by a state police, and they were pursuing him. Yikes! This was a few years ago, and I surely hope that they have caught him. What's the chance of me being stopped for a minor traffic violation while traveling through that state, and they mistake me for this guy?

Or what if you end up on a no-fly list? It's virtually impossible to get off of a fecal scroll if it's maintained by the gummint.

I flew since, and also recently, so I am apparently OK. :)

Perhaps they caught him. They listed his rap sheet on the Web, and it included attempted homicide, robberies, car thefts, drug dealings, etc... They considered him dangerous because he was able to elude a SWAT team. Yikes!

Back
Top Bottom