Do you sometimes feel overwhelmed...

Has happened a few times.

I always remember the guiding story of: When you're up to your a$$ in alligators, it is difficult to remind yourself that your initial objective was to drain the swamp.

To remember and act is a must, and that always have pulled me through. Visualizing the situation can be comical and helpful. Think of all the snapping jaws.:whistle:

I'm learning to "let it go." I'm also trying to learn new thought patterns to help out. Instead of always focusing about the worse that can happen, I try to weigh the odds more. Prepare for the common things, and don't worry about the catastrophic things.

I am still a planner, but have some loose plans and am working on my flexibility.

Gotta with DD 4 years old!

My job unfortunately is to worry about every possible thing that can go wrong in both humans and technology. Thank goodness I have a great former lab manager as a partner now that she's taken a job to step back from her previously even more pressure cooker of a job, so at least I get to pass off the worries to her from time to time. Thank goodness.

How does this translate to my ER dreams? I know technically I'm doing OK by a lot of objective measures, but for my mind, I'm not 100% at ease even with a 3rd world retirement plan just yet.

Back
Top Bottom