DocuSign

Seems unnecessarily complex.
I just use PDFPen to put my signature on a pdf of a document, then email it where it needs to go.

When my wife was still doing the Realtor thing, she went to using Docusign almost exclusively. It can be customized to the client's needs, so it can be as complex or as simple as one would like it. She was a huge fan of it and even though some clients were hesitant to use it, they came around pretty quick when contracts/offers were going back and forth. Our insurance company (Amica) uses it too, but the level of complexity is a bit more, well...complex. You have to call a number, state your name and get some code to put in the document...kinda a pain. One final thing, when the DW got out of the biz, she had an incredibly difficult time getting the Docusign people to stop billing her...it was quite a pain.

Coincidentally, I just used this yesterday to sign some escrow documents. Saves a lot of time and driving.

We used it a year ago when buying this house and selling the old one. Great service and if there are a lot of addendum's, change orders, etc., it can be a real time saver.

Use it a bunch when doing hard money property loans. It is fast and we are used to it now and it is awfully handy when we are in SoCal and a borrower is in Washington state. That said, it is awfully easy to just flit from initial and signature spot to spot and forgo the reading one had ought to do....

Great solution for secure signatures. It's as good as any solution in that market space. I wouldn't buy for it for my use, I can't see the need.

I'm saying their market used to be big instutuons(that's what I reviewed it for), not home use. YMMV.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Early Retirement Forum mobile app

Have only used it for insurance docs that the insurance company sends me.

That didn't cost me anything.

I use a similar thing in my business and it works great. I love having everything electronic. Signnow.com is what I use.

Back
Top Bottom