Selling a stand-alone garage

Wille

Dryer sheet aficionado
We are selling a stand-alone garage in a condo community (~$20K) in Ohio. We have a buyer. What document is best to use for this? Or would you hire a RE attorney, a realtor, or engage a title company?

Any of the three should do, depending upon your state regulations. Get a bid from all three: I would assume they would tell you if they cannot help due to state law. Good luck.

Any of the three should do, depending upon your state regulations. Get a bid from all three: I would assume they would tell you if they cannot help due to state law. Good luck.

+1

I'd check with a title company first. They have attorney's they work with if it's needed. A realtor will probably be the most expensive and they'll want to use a title company anyway.

Agreed. Title company is likely all you will need and most likely will be the least expensive option.

A title company may be all you need, but maybe not. My sale in AZ only needed a title company. Sales in Illinois usually need a lawyer to at least create the deed.

A sale in a condo development could present some challenges where a lawyer would be needed. Is the garage currently its own unit? Is there a legal description of the garage parcel already created and on file? Are there building setback issues? Easements? Common and Limited Common elements?

Back
Top Bottom